Stage 124

mszafranski

Has anyone that has reached stage 124, the rear anchor assembly, had an issue with the stop switch. When I put it in place and attach the cover, the switch falls out. Looking at it closer, there is a small black 'knob' on the switch which looks like it should fit in the hole on the bottom, preventing it from falling out. But then based on the pictures, the switch will be upside down.

Update: I found a couple of videos on YouTube and the switch was put in the other way around, opposite the PDF picture. This allows the 'knob' on the switch to rest in the hole on the bottom, preventing the switch from sliding out. I don't think the direction of the switch matters in the operation of the anchor. 

Any thoughts out there?

Yes I can confirm that the switch needs to be inverted. Magazine pics are wrong. Had me confused for a bit yesterday when switch kept falling out and switch mechanism was internally at an angle on the inside gearing. Flipped it over and all good. As with all my gearboxes I added plenty of grease. Also I tighten the gearbox screws fully then wind back an eighth of a turn to free up the gears. 

Just a heads up for all of you that may be soon working Pack 12. The remote control is a bit wacky in that the 15 CM guns will rotate fine, but if you expect them to follow what it says on the remote, they don't. Your remote button says aft and forward, and they will rotate opposite of what they say. The anchors are the same way, the anchors will go down when you press up and up when you press down...I think they simply cycle up and then down and there is no recourse to reverse the remote control wiring.