DB5 Pack 6

Modelers. In pack 6, stage 043, step 41 DO NOT INSERT THE GEAR STICK YET This can be done later. Please do not do what I have just done.... snap the gear stick off!!!! Later there is a lot of work to do on the underside of the cockpit floor and the gear stick is vulnerable to breaking in half.... trust me. PLEASE LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip, little things like this are incredibly helpful and can help those of us who are a bit behind others to avoid mistakes. 

After the door hinge issue in pack 1, I decided to wait a few weeks after receiving a packet, to make sure there weren't any errata points later released. Breaking something because the order of assembly is a bit off is exactly what I had in mind. Since I'm still waiting for pack 6, the more info the better! 

18 hours ago, Wtshark said:

Thanks for the tip, little things like this are incredibly helpful and can help those of us who are a bit behind others to avoid mistakes. 

After the door hinge issue in pack 1, I decided to wait a few weeks after receiving a packet, to make sure there weren't any errata points later released. Breaking something because the order of assembly is a bit off is exactly what I had in mind. Since I'm still waiting for pack 6, the more info the better! 

No worries. I put my post on both the official and members builds areas to make sure it caught the majority of peoples attention.

I see from the other post that at least two other people were caught out by this. It would be nice if Agora got in touch and offered to send out a replacement gear stick and gator. Like others, I've glued mine together and it's waiting to be refitted later.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CraigThePlague said:

No worries. I put my post on both the official and members builds areas to make sure it caught the majority of peoples attention.

I see from the other post that at least two other people were caught out by this. It would be nice if Agora got in touch and offered to send out a replacement gear stick and gator. Like others, I've glued mine together and it's waiting to be refitted later.

That's a good point, have you reached out to their customer service? 

I have sent several messages through their contact venue and someone has responded within a few hours. My first issue was to upgrade from standard to collectors, which they did right away, but when I lost not one but two of the pins for mounting the undercarriage (shocks, a-arms, etc.) I asked for a few extra, they were happy to send me some for the cost of shipping ($15.00 USD), but when the package arrived, I received part 23f for the Zero, ooops. I read another post where someone else experienced this issue with another part request, (wrong model, right part #). I reported this and told them with the next package, I now had enough pins to compete the previous steps and asked for a few of the spokes, to take the pressure off losing one, which thankfully hasn't happened yet, but they were very apologetic and said they would send me a few extra spokes at no charge, and refunded my $15.00. Seems as though if we report an issue, they will respond, both quickly and with customer service in mind, please let us know what they say if/when you report this issue to them. 

Thanks for passing along another useful tip, I made one of your expansion screw combos and it worked great! Just one more wheel to go!

• Like 2

I also broke the gear stick but managed to drill a small hole and glue it back in, making sure the numbers were the correct way round. Agree this can be attached at a latter time. I am also missing a spoke for the wheel and awaiting a replacement. Interesting that you always get spare screws but nothing else.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Richard Gregory said:

I also broke the gear stick but managed to drill a small hole and glue it back in, making sure the numbers were the correct way round. Agree this can be attached at a latter time. I am also missing a spoke for the wheel and awaiting a replacement. Interesting that you always get spare screws but nothing else.

Right?!

I have so many extra screws now, but no extra spokes, on a part where they are arguably the most critical aspect to it. I suppose there are reasons for this, expense, packaging, etc. but just one extra spoke per set, would allow a small surplus if one didn't lose any on the first couple wheels. 

• Like 2