My take on the DB5 build

Jo.Mora

The more I look at it, the more I think you're right. The prototype images do not have this gap, nor do they have carpeting. It's a bit obvious now that we've talked about it, and I wonder why this wasn't fixed in production. 

Shiftercloseup.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wtshark said:

The more I look at it, the more I think you're right. The prototype images do not have this gap, nor do they have carpeting. It's a bit obvious now that we've talked about it, and I wonder why this wasn't fixed in production. 

Shiftercloseup.jpg

Hello,

On my side as I don't have 3D printer or putty, I just use part of carpet inside:

20240422_190345.jpg.46f4375fdac665d73ebb6796fa4ac0e0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wtshark said:

You're probably right. A mistake where a part is too small to fit into its assigned area is a simple one to fix. Especially when it's in such an "upfront" area. Perhaps during the scanning they mistakenly used a shadow as a measurement. We shall see. 

The undercarriage looks great, I wanted to ask you, when you mount your rear tires, are they equidistant from the frame? Mine are off, with the Driver's side being about a mm or 2 closer to the frame than the other (I think), and I was thinking it was because of the tension sway bar attached to the rear end. It's probably not going to be noticeable when the body panels are mounted, but was wondering if you experienced this and if so, how you fixed it. 

Hi Mike, I haven't installed the rear wheels yet just because I didn't built the last one yet... I have to be in a really motivated state of mind to engage in this... 🤣

I will certainly keep an eye for this potential issue. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jo.Mora said:

Hi Mike, I haven't installed the rear wheels yet just because I didn't built the last one yet... I have to be in a really motivated state of mind to engage in this... 🤣

I will certainly keep an eye for this potential issue. Thanks for pointing it out!

I completely understand, the 4th and final wheel was the easiest, but I had to be in the right state of mind too. 😆

I didn't permanently install them, (they pop on/off relatively easily) I'm not a fan of the tyre cutter and wanted to wait for the "slim" spinners, but mounting the wheels and tyre to the rear, I noticed this offset. It's very small, but once you build your final wheel/tyre assembly and snap them onto the rear axle, let me know. 🙂

39 minutes ago, Oliv79 said:

Hello,

On my side as I don't have 3D printer or putty, I just use part of carpet inside:

20240422_190345.jpg.46f4375fdac665d73ebb6796fa4ac0e0.jpg

That looks great, and frankly, a very simple solution to the problem. I saved all of my carpet scraps, so I should be able to do this too! THANKS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had some spare time this weekend so I decided to add some details to the undercarriage...

Heat-shields over the exhaust pipes and E-Brake linkage.

Thanks to @Oliv79 for the inspiration and reference photos! Merci!

Still plan to add the battery power cable and brake lines.

20240513_100818.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jo.Mora said:

Had some spare time this weekend so I decided to add some details to the undercarriage...

Heat-shields over the exhaust pipes and E-Brake linkage.

Thanks to @Oliv79 for the inspiration and reference photos! Merci!

Still plan to add the battery power cable and brake lines.

20240513_100818.jpg

Beautiful work.

You are the Master 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Scotter said:

Excellent job, I'm especially impressed withe brake linkage and how you achieved it?

E-Brake.jpg

E-Brake 2.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/11/2024 at 7:45 AM, Wtshark said:

You're probably right. A mistake where a part is too small to fit into its assigned area is a simple one to fix. Especially when it's in such an "upfront" area. Perhaps during the scanning they mistakenly used a shadow as a measurement. We shall see. 

The undercarriage looks great, I wanted to ask you, when you mount your rear tires, are they equidistant from the frame? Mine are off, with the Driver's side being about a mm or 2 closer to the frame than the other (I think), and I was thinking it was because of the tension sway bar attached to the rear end. It's probably not going to be noticeable when the body panels are mounted, but was wondering if you experienced this and if so, how you fixed it. 

I finally was able to finish the last wheel. I installed the rear wheels and the spacing seems fine to me... Did you mount the tension bars like on my picture (correct way as per one other forum member, can't recall who, pointed out) or like on the instructions (wrong way)? This might have an incidence on the position of the differential.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jo.Mora said:

I finally was able to finish the last wheel. I installed the rear wheels and the spacing seems fine to me... Did you mount the tension bars like on my picture (correct way as per one other forum member, can't recall who, pointed out) or like on the instructions (wrong way)? This might have an incidence on the position of the differential.

Glad your spacing is spot on, I did see that post too, and mounted the torsion bars correctly, from what I recall, they wouldn't mount the way the instructions said to, much like the photo showing the shocks to be mounted under the axle. 😆

• Like 1

Yes I know... This will not be visible but I thought I would give it a shot anyway... 😁 Rear brake lines!

20240515_200500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well, since it seems we won't be getting pack 7 anytime soon, I continue adding details to the undercarriage.

I think I may have to display this one upside down once completed! 🤣

Someone said that at the end of the build that we would have the option to replace the "tire slashers" with regular Knockoffs. I think I would prefer that because as @Bugatti Fan said in another post, those "tire slashers" look out of a Roman Chariot! 🤣 Haven't even bothered to install them yet.

20240518_182024.jpg

20240518_181927.jpg

Edited by Jo.Mora
Typo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, today it's Friday May 31st. I think I can safely say at this point that nothing was shipped to me in May (Pack 6 was shipped April 24th). Although I know that eventually I will receive every single Pack of this build, I must say that the inconsistency in shipments dates is quite annoying. I did not purchase the subscription directly from Agora but for a different website, and I have already paid up to Pack 10 a week and a half ago (only two more payments to go).

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that there's a serious political situation delaying cargo ships and that nobody could see it coming.

I'm sure Agora is doing their very best to fulfill their part of the deal with us like we do with them (not that we have a choice) but still, this is nonetheless quite frustrating...

Just sharing my toughs...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Anybody has this issue with the seat back? It just doesn't rest correctly on the seat cushion... Looks to me like the stop on the right hand bracket is too low making it impossible for it to go any lower.... Did I miss something?

seat.jpg

13 hours ago, Jo.Mora said:

Hi all!

Anybody has this issue with the seat back? It just doesn't rest correctly on the seat cushion... Looks to me like the stop on the right hand bracket is too low making it impossible for it to go any lower.... Did I miss something?

seat.jpg

I just checked, no I have a 1/8 " or so consistent gap. So looks like you're right and "inside" bracket is mis-aligned, did you dis-assemble anything to weather and detail?