Pack 8 Rear Stair Hand Rails

Giddykippa

Just thought i would share this with everyone i did the rear stair hand rails and found that the spurs that fit into the curved panels were too big so i opened the holes up with a little drill then used a spot of super glue to secure (see 1st pic)

however there is a problem with the upright pole (see 2nd pic) the curved horizontal rail is too long and when you try to fit the vertical pole its pushed past vertical i had to trim a couple of millimeters off the end so it wasn't pushing the vertical pole out of alignment however that caused another problem in that the underside of the horizontal rail has a little notch that locates with a little lug off the vertical pole that notch was gone with trimming the length so the lug had to go too i used a very small spot of glue to secure the 2 rails together hope that helps

2.JPG

2a.JPG

Hi, I did not have any issues installing these items.  I did not that the part 74E was not symmetrical, and depending which way around you fitted it, the upright pin was slightly off-set, thereby moving 74D.

1 hour ago, Taffy said:

Hi, I did not have any issues installing these items.  I did not that the part 74E was not symmetrical, and depending which way around you fitted it, the upright pin was slightly off-set, thereby moving 74D.

mine must've just been badly finished as they definitely wouldn't have fit without slight modifications