Some thoughts while completing Pack 12

Paulp331

I am on the final pack and looking forward to finishing the Bismarck.  It's a great project.  Enjoyed every stage. Yet i do have a few thoughts to share.  Most of all, I wish the directions would have saved many of the final details, especially the photo-etch railing for the very end.  While testing the electronics, I had to make many adjustments to the guns, propellers and a few other moving parts.  All of this work required lifting the decks once again to reset the  moving secondary armament.  Several of the guns were still exceeding their limits and damaging the gun barrels.  Unfortunately, the adjustments damaged or knocked off some of the more delicate photo-etch parts such as railing, antennas etc.  I know I should have been more patient and careful but...... 

I think saving all the railings especially until the end would have resulted in less frustration.  Regardless, I am very happy with the ship.  I am now connecting the remote controls.  Will be interesting to see how that goes.  I realize for some, the remote controls have been an adventure too.  Guess I will find out soon for myself.  Congratulations to all who are also wrapping up this remarkable ship model project.  Cheers.

IMG_0734.jpg