Progress so far and Modifications

Just a few little modifications I'd thought I'd show you. Firstly the stairs I removed the crews and replaced them with smaller pins. I have also painted the wheels burgandy. The drivers cab has been painted black along with the hand brake I painted that silver and black. The flywheel cover at the front of the bus I have painted black to make it look a bit better as most RM's where either black or burgundy. Secondly i painted the heater grill silver as they where either silver or black the  differential cover by the rear N/S long seat I also painted black. I was also disappointed in the seat pole bracket on the ceiling which where always the same colour of the ceiling so I gave them a paint too it's not an 100% match but I think it looks better then chrome. I think they may of made a slight boo boo with these as the upstairs pole brackets are cream the same as the ceiling as you will notice further issues later. I have replaced the bell cord to brown as i have never seen a black bell cord same as the cord eye hooks I painted them silver as they are never black. The engine compartment I have painted the wires black (thanks Giddykippa  for that idea) so they don't stand out to much now. A little tip use a bit of glue on the rear seat kick plates as the self adhesive isn't that good and they will come unstuck. I made a little advert box on the lower deck at the front which covers the horizontal heater control I have ordered a advert for it. I also replaced the heater control and put it in original place in the middle column I have also tested the electrics Lights, bells, sounds etc as once the bus is completed and something doesn't work it would be a nightmare to put right.  Hope you like my progress and modifications so far

1648936368101.jpg

1648936445554.jpg

1648936653040.jpg

1648935376941.jpg

1648933957541.jpg

1648933546294.jpg

1648936814427.jpg

Screenshot_20220327-164309_WhatsApp.jpg

20220326_122109.jpg

20220321_182105.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giddykippa said:

hey julian where did your window screen wiper come from ? i don't recall getting one of those

My mate had one spare he gave me it a couple of months ago. You know me couldn't wait so I fitted it lol