It all comes down to quality

Sorin

Hi.

I must say I`m really excited and already counting down the days until september. 

What a beautiful model this is. 

This will be my first build from you. Already pre-ordered the limited edition. I waited for this model to be unraveled so I can choose between mustang and this one. I must say it definitly worth waiting. 

I have 5 models finished and 2 under construction. Lamborghini Countach LP500S is my favorite so far (and one important factor is the quality of the parts) but this may take the 1st place in my colection. It only depends on the quality. I really hope it's gonna be good quality parts. It would be a shame otherwise for such an iconic car. 

Also quality is important because it might be the difference between gaining a regular customer or having a one time buyer! 

Looking forward to see your next models. You seem to have a really good taste in picking them! 🙂

• Administrator

Thanks! We are working hard to make this a great quality model. We of course welcome any suggestions from you guys to make this a great model!

43 minutes ago, admin said:

Thanks! We are working hard to make this a great quality model. We of course welcome any suggestions from you guys to make this a great model!

Just a couple of initial observations:

windscreen frame and exhausts on the prototype look very plastic / satin finished not chrome / stainless effect as per the original. It would be nice to see these improved for production

also the tyres, I’m not sure why but they just don’t seem quite right. They could do with being softer and less plastic looking possibly more of a satin finish with less definition on the Goodyear logos 

appreciate all of the above is something that we as builders could address but it would be good to see a greater level of realism. 

having said that. Super pleased you are making this available. Thank you 

• Administrator

Noted! 

On the Goodyear logos, they are as brand new originals of the time, the white actually faded away over time, as you can see on this photo we took at Shelby American Inc., there is very little of the white remaining. Maybe someone can upload a video on how to weather them for a more worn look ??!!

1644559474_SHELBY_REFversion(13)_1920x1077.thumb.jpg.89df50e3b8805ff2aa1d79b6cff6620a.jpg

From what I've seen in previous models I've build the most important thing is the body paint and the lines of the body and that's because it's gonna be the first thing it pops up in your eyes when you see the model. 

I've seen models with a really poor paint job. Dots of dust in the paint, little scratches, etc

Also the lines of the body are a really frustrating thing when they don't come together and you have big gaps between body parts. 

Another thing are plastic parts. 

It makes a huge difference to have good quality plastic parts. I can't be specific with this since I don't know what makes the difference, but you can see the difference with the naked eye, or you can feel the texture between plastic parts used for the Lamborghini Countach and Mercedes Gullwing. For Lamborghini, all plastic parts have a nice texture, don't have scratches or unfinished surfaces and the plastic is solid and doesn't give you a sense of cheapness. 

I hope the tires are gonna be rubber and not plastic (rubber). Again i have the Lamborghini example. It's the only model I've build which has nice tires. All the other models have tires made of some sort hard rubber wich feels like it's gonna break if I drop it.