Anton and Dora offcentre clockwise.

Dominik Turnschek

Hello all,

I got this problem where the A and D turrets are not centered, if I centere the dial on the remote.

After the model initialized, B and C are slightly offcentre (which in itself is not a problem) and A and D are centred. 

spacer.png

But after that, if I want to centre the turrets via the remote, B and C are centred (as they should) but A and D are offcentre clockwise by a considerable margin:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Anyone got a similar problem or a way to fix this?

EDIT: To further elaborate: It's not like the turrets are off by a tooth or two, it's more like that the commands from the remote are not in sync with what the ship does. As I stated above, once started and initialized, A and D are centered. If I just bump the dial on the remote a notch so that the dial is at the 0 position, the turret should do nothing, as it is centered, but it turns into the position you can see in image #2 and #3, 

Edited by Dominik Turnschek
more information

Here is a thought, and it might work...You need to disconnect the rotation motors and center the turrets, then put the motor back in and make sure the gears mesh in the right slots. It might be a matter of just a notch or two on the motor gear. Mine are off a hair also..but I simply adjust them with the remote control. 

This might help with B and C being just a bit (probably a tooth) offcentered, which in itself is not the problem of this thread. 

If I were to try this with A and D, which are offcentre by multiple teeth, after restarting the model, I end up with the same problem as before. 

On startup, the turrets are calibrated to be centred, and only after using the remote, they are offcentre so its probably one of the electronics. If I set the remote to full clockwise position, the "stopper" on the turret gear ring will hit the motor gear. If I go counter-clockwise, it will not. 

I agree with the fixes suggested above. I have to remove turrets 1 and 4 to fix other problems. 1 is not locking the gear in and strips when initializing. It works but it a pain to listen to. 4 doesn't elevate when commanded to do so. I'm sure the problem is a 'spanish windless' I put in that area to pull the hull in just a little bit so the deck fits better. Simple fix but I want to get these two things fixed before I start the rigging.