Problem

del-boy-001

Hi all,

To be honest I have emailed and sent video from my iPad to customer services with my problem, and I have received three emails back asking for more information and for me to change my video format to mp4 so I thought I would ask others who have built the model. My build is having trouble with turret 1 and 2 when you first turn the model on turret 2 rotates to starboard then only rotates a quarter of the way back I can get it to go back to facing forward using the gun control system if I put it all the way to the left so it is not working correctly. Turret 1 when using the fire button you can hear the contact noise but nothing else happens and when you use the elevation button it fires but does not elevate .. I have dismissed both turrets and following the build guides and reassembled them I still get the same problem. Is there any one who has this problem and if so how did you fix it. After taking the time and money to build my model I don’t think this is acceptable.

thank you for taking the time to read this 

DS 

I am assuming that when the initial turret tests were carried out, they all went fine. And if that's the case, then the turrets themselves and the internals are all good.  That then leaves the cables, connectors and how they were connected.  As with any cable of this type the more they are pulled and prodded, the weaker the connection point at the connector will likely fail.  I would re-check that the right connectors are in the correct position and also facing the right way up.  Also carefully check for any pulled wires at the connector end.  With what you're saying, I would expect there to be a broken wire at one or more of the connectors, which would lead to the turrets not behaving in the right manner.  Turret 1 and 2 - check the azimuth motor wiring and ensure connectors are in the correct position and correct polarity.  Turret 2 - check the firing action visually on the underside whilst pressing the button. You should be able to determine whether its a mechanical problem or electrical wiring issue.