Stern Section Connectors

shipgeezer

Is anyone else in here already on Stage 11 where you get the stern section, and the hull is completed?? The connectors don't seem to accept the screws because they are not made correctly to align with the vertical screws...Has anyone else had the same problem?? Have had no problems with any hull sections aligning correctly until this stern section. Might be an advisory for the factory. The connectors need to be shaved a bit to fit the sides of the stern section. Or else, a fix for me was to leave out the vertical screws and just use superglue where the vertical screws would be. If you put in the vertical screws, it pushes the stern section out away from hull. Just a heads up for all... Pics Below....Thanks

sternc1.jpg

sternc2.jpg

I was in the same position. Spent a good 10 minutes trying to fit those connectors, and it just wasn't happening. There seemed to be a major misalignment - somewhere (mine was half a screw hole out of whack).   But then for no reason at all they just fell into position and screws went in perfectly.  So, yes there is a weird issue going on here, but once the stars align, the alignment issues just disappear.