Outside Bonnet Locks

Marcus Lösel

Although the '61 E-Type has got outside bonnet locks, the model photos show indicated locking hooks as they were used with later E-Types. As they will be very difficult to hide or remove (affects both bulkhead and body), it would be great if you'd get rid of them in production. 

Can you confirm the hooks are only on the prototype?

• Administrator

Well spotted! (I assume you mean the ones that are inside just in front of the doors). These are images from the prototype which we make to spot any errors and ensure parts fit. We did send this off to an e-type expert who spotted the mistake, and I am glad to confirm that we have removed these inside ones.

image001.png.4387a1bde7792957b93ea418a15f4af0.png

Not exactly, I meant the hooks in the engine compartment. On the picture on the left you can see the hooks that can be opened from the inside. On the right picture you can see that these hooks are missing.

Nice to hear that a lot of details have been tweaked. Maybe the hooks have also been removed. 🙂

bonnet_locks.png.cfdcb0225dfc3274cb2a8f5f066ceb2a.png

• Administrator

Hi, I have checked with the factory and I am happy to say that the hooks are not on our production version - they have been removed since the prototype.

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2021 at 5:25 PM, admin said:

Hi, I have checked with the factory and I am happy to say that the hooks are not on our production version - they have been removed since the prototype.

Great that the package 5 was delivered on time again, thank you very much! As I already suspected from the assembly instructions, the indicated hooks are, contrary to the announcement, on the model. That's going to be another challenge to cover them up. 🙂