Electronics on the DB5

Following a thread from Jo I wanted to change my LED's on the dashboard to warm white and green instead of the crystal white as supplied by Agora which are not in keeping with the original car. To that end I have asked on a couple of occasions to Agora CS team what voltage is delivered to the dashboard, via lead 11. They first replied they wouldn't know that information (So much for "Experts")  so I asked them to contact their design people in China and since then the whole of Agora CS has gone incommunicado. Presumably these forums are monitored by Agora CS so read on:

The car is powered by 3 cells = 4.5VDC but that may not be what comes to the dashboard lights as they need very little power to illuminate the LED's so it may not be 4.5VDC. 

N.B. The original does not have any resistors on it

On the test piece I have built it has 2 warm white and one green wired in parallel like the original - these have different forward voltages:

The green (In this case) is 1.8volts (which is very low) and warm white 2.4V with the current being 20mA. That means that the resistor needed would be for 4.5V source voltage of 135ohm for green and 105ohm for white, However for 3V that drops to 60ohm and 30ohm respectively  This as you can see when powered up would affect the life of the LED hence I would like to know the voltage supplied to lead 11 from the circuit board. Does anyone have the schematic of the circuit board or would like to draw it out so we can all find out ???? or Agora could send me a replacement circuit board and I'll work it out myself.....and the answer is NO I'm not stripping my car to remove my circuit board and take it apart!!

Regards Guys and Gals

• Like 1

FWIW, My suggestion, (which is based on my experience thus far with Agora) is to ask support through the support option. So far, every extra part I've requested has been 15.00 USD (which is the shipping cost). One thing, as they have so many different models and parts you have to be very specific when asking, as I received the wrong part for the wrong kit once, so it's best to be overkill specific with every request, reiterating; 

You need the "No Time to Die Aston Martin DB5, Pack 6, Stage 45, (Part 45-D Circuit board)"

Maybe that will be an option? I don't blame you for not wanting to remove your CB. I'm a bit concerned we're mounting everything without a testing stage yet, but I have to have faith? 😉

• Haha 1