DB5 Pack 9 Delay

Received this email this morning. I'm a bit disheartened, anyone else? 

I appreciate they're extending the use of the free Pack 1 early, though it's something we'd receive upon completion anyway. 

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that there has been a significant delay in the shipping of Pack 9 of your DB5 order due to the ongoing global shipping challenges. We understand how frustrating this is and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience it may cause.

At this time, we anticipate that Pack 9 will be dispatched late August. Rest assured, our team is working tirelessly to expedite the process and get the packs delivered to our warehouse as quickly as possible. Pack 10 will also be impacted, and we expect this to be dispatched early September.

We want to reassure you that despite these delays, the model will be completed as close to the original schedule as possible. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcontent.app-us1.c

Pack 12 of the DB5 undergoing a test fit on our work bench. Production is now in process and packs will ship to you as quickly as possible.

To show our appreciation of your patience and understanding, we would like to offer you your free Pack 1 voucher early. This is usually sent after the purchase of Pack 12. This is our way of saying thank you for your continued support and our appreciation of your patience during these challenging times. You can use this voucher immediately to start any new build, and we will get this shipped straight away for you. Once your order is on its way, you will receive a confirmation email along with the tracking details.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team.

Thank you for your continued support.

Warm regards

Agora Models

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CraigThePlague said:

So...... they are giving us a voucher that they would normally give us anyway, just four months earlier, so we can commit to another build that might be delayed.

That was how I felt when I first read that but didn't want to assume anyone else felt the same. 

I am disappointed too. 

11 hours ago, Wtshark said:

That was how I felt when I first read that but didn't want to assume anyone else felt the same. 

I am disappointed too. 

To be fair, I can't say I'm disappointed as I haven't had an email offering me anything, but I am apprehensive about committing to another build.

As we are 2/3rds of the way through this DB5 I was starting to look at what to do next - E-Type Jag, Shelby Cobra, Shelby Mustang or the Porsche 917KH were all in the running.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, laverdj said:

I too am extremely disappointed. In the future I will not buy another monthly release. If I buy again it will be when full kits are available.

I agree with your thoughts about only buying full kits, and it does work out cheaper per kit to do this, but I'd probably have each one finished in a couple of months, so I'd then be itching to move onto the next and I'm sure the wife would have something to say about that! 😉

• Haha 2

Hi all, our No Time To Die is the only model where we are experiencing delays to those customers who had pre-ordered. We are only waiting for Pack 9 to arrive, everything else is in the warehouse and shipping on time. We are really sorry about this delay on Pack 9 and we are moving as fast as we can to have this delivered to our warehouses so we can dispatch these to you. We are very grateful for your patience and we understand the frustration but we hope you will bare with us while we do everything we can to get Pack 9 delivered. We really appreciate your support. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AgoraSam said:

Hi all, our No Time To Die is the only model where we are experiencing delays to those customers who had pre-ordered. We are only waiting for Pack 9 to arrive, everything else is in the warehouse and shipping on time. We are really sorry about this delay on Pack 9 and we are moving as fast as we can to have this delivered to our warehouses so we can dispatch these to you. We are very grateful for your patience and we understand the frustration but we hope you will bare with us while we do everything we can to get Pack 9 delivered. We really appreciate your support. Thank you

Thanks for the update Sam and it's good to be told that 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AgoraSam said:

Thank you Sam, I appreciate you weighing in. My concern stems from this line in the email "Pack 10 will also be impacted, and we expect this to be dispatched early September". Can you confirm this isn't an issue and we can expect Pack 10 will be on time? Thank you for clearing this up. 

• Like 1

Hi Wtshark, sorry I should clarify. Pack 9 is the only pack impacted that has been recently charged to some customers. Pack 10 will also be delayed but is less impacted and we are doing everything we can so that Pack 11 and 12 are on time. We have seen the amazing completed model, we are now just waiting for the final packs to arrive in each warehouse. They will arrive in some warehouses quicker than others and will ship immediately from each warehouse. We are really doing our best to get back to the 12 month schedule. Thank you for your support and comments.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AgoraSam said:

Hi Wtshark, sorry I should clarify. Pack 9 is the only pack impacted that has been recently charged to some customers. Pack 10 will also be delayed but is less impacted and we are doing everything we can so that Pack 11 and 12 are on time. We have seen the amazing completed model, we are now just waiting for the final packs to arrive in each warehouse. They will arrive in some warehouses quicker than others and will ship immediately from each warehouse. We are really doing our best to get back to the 12 month schedule. Thank you for your support and comments.

Thank you, Sam, for the clarification and answering our questions. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, tardis1916 said:

I received the body of the car today, I assume the rest of pack 9 is in a separate shipment?

Congratulations on receiving something. I have just been charged for pack 11 and still no word on pack 9.

The last email I had regarding this promised it by late August and here we are in September and nothing... Come on Agora!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CraigThePlague said:

Congratulations on receiving something. I have just been charged for pack 11 and still no word on pack 9.

The last email I had regarding this promised it by late August and here we are in September and nothing... Come on Agora!

I received shipping notice last week, "Pack 9 has shipped", I'm expecting it (according to the tracking) to arrive tomorrow. The instructions show the body, so I'm guessing Pack 9 is the body and all of the other associated parts? Though seeing Tardis1916's post, I don't know if it's two packages, with body in one and the follow-on parts in another? 

I hope you receive your parts soon. I am a bit discouraged at the delays, I want to be understanding and as this is my first subscription based, well, large scale model I've ever tried I don't know how it compares to others and their experiences. I want to be positive, appreciating things happen and sometimes delays are a part of life, but there have been multiple delays, on several of the packs, so I'm hopeful this is not indicative of how these things typically go, or how it's going to be. 🤔

• Like 1