snapdragon signing in.

Snapdragon

Hi to everyone.

I'm a new member, invited by Mark (sorry it has taken so long).

I have been building models since I was about 7 years old and it was my late father who sent me on the way. I have never really stopped apart from a couple of breaks for military service injuries and a major heart issue which now keeps me firmy within the building side.

I moved into partworks with my first being the Red Baron I think but due to illness and injury and a vast drop in income as I am unable to work, I have moved back to plastic kits as I no longer have the financial means for partworks and I find that they are now, to me, really expensive, although I did enjoy them while I could afford them.

I would actually take a plastic kit, paints,brushes etc on active service deployments and would build and paint in my down time which actually seemed to help me mentally while in combat zomes etc.

Now I do help out HK Models and have provided finished kits for their Telford Stand. The owner sends me a pile of plastic and he is stunned by what appears at Telford so long as I am given enough time as it can take 1-2 months and sometimes a bit longer to get things finished. I also do research and dig up information for them.

I will also help out any manufacturers. All they have to do is ask.

So, my activity will be in the non-partwork section for my builds and I hope that you will enjoy seeing them.

I tend to do start to finish, showing what comes in the box and any add ons. I never do any weathering, instead do "factory fresh" chipset accurate colours as I usually do 1/35 armour, 1/32 aircraft and the odd foray into 1/16 full interior armour.

I will have to learn the ins and outs of posting pictures on here too. Everything is a learning curve.

Hi to all,

Snap.

• Like 1