Front Indicators Finished Result

ok so here goes ive done my indicators to be absolutely honest they didn't quite work out as i hoped the indicator lens were way thinner then i was expecting meaning the 0803 smd was wider than the thinnest point of the lens especially since they taper from body of bus towards the end, it ended up with a channel grooved into the lens rather than a hole so im not exactly happy with the end result but it was the only way i could do it i used a series of very small drills starting with 0.8mm and finishing with  1.4mm i then glued the smd in place to kinda seal it so i could paint round it to try and blend it best i could (see pics ) ive uploaded a video to youtube to show the working result

20221121_111354.jpg

20221121_112618.jpg

20221121_112700.jpg

20221121_113801.jpg

20221121_114300.jpg

2 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

ok so here goes ive done my indicators to be absolutely honest they didn't quite work out as i hoped the indicator lens were way thinner then i was expecting meaning the 0803 smd was wider than the thinnest point of the lens especially since they taper from body of bus towards the end, it ended up with a channel grooved into the lens rather than a hole so im not exactly happy with the end result but it was the only way i could do it i used a series of very small drills starting with 0.8mm and finishing with  1.4mm i then glued the smd in place to kinda seal it so i could paint round it to try and blend it best i could (see pics ) ive uploaded a video to youtube to show the working result

20221121_111354.jpg

20221121_112618.jpg

20221121_112700.jpg

20221121_113801.jpg

20221121_114300.jpg

I emailed you Paul

• Thanks 1

My attempt to get the front indicators working.  I drilled a 1mm hole through the bracket locating peg to run the LED wires through (note the off side locating hole is a blind hole, so had to drill that as well 1.5mm).

I drilled a 1.5mm hole into the indicator from below the hinge at a slight upward angle, in about 3 to 4mm

I then joined all of the wiring via the front hinged grill

Thanks to the other Modder for their ideas and tips, you may also note I also install an LED into the nearside marker light.

Nearside Indicator Final.jpg

Indicator Bracket.jpg

Indicator Wiring 02.jpg

3 minutes ago, Taffy said:

My attempt to get the front indicators working.  I drilled a 1mm hole through the bracket locating peg to run the LED wires through (note the off side locating hole is a blind hole, so had to drill that as well 1.5mm).

I drilled a 1.5mm hole into the indicator from below the hinge at a slight upward angle, in about 3 to 4mm

Thanks to the other Modder for their ideas and tips, you may also note I also install an LED into the nearside marker light.

Indicator Bracket.jpg

Indicator Wiring 02.jpg

Very neatly done taffy

4 hours ago, Taffy said:

Indicator Bracket.jpg

Indicator Wiring 02.jpg

That's a very neat job I wish I did that I drilled slightly away from the bracket

Screenshot_20221123-181551_Gallery.jpg

5 hours ago, Taffy said:

Thanks Giddykippa

Next model will be the Jaguar E Type, British classic.

love the E Type but for me it has to be the hard top in british racing green not keen on the red one apparently agora are releasing a new model shortly by all accounts its gonna be a 1963 corvette stingray which would be sweet

Thanks Julian

It's down to the ground work by yourself and Giddykippa, that lead me to look for a less obtrusive method, hence using the holes already provided.  Must admit, it was not easy to drill a 1mm hole through the locating peg, as this was only about 1.7mm diameter.