Pack 8

Checked download section for Pack 8 Instructions, and they were there. 

First step in Pack 8 is fixing the rear stabilizer bar we assembled in Pack 4 (?). Seems we are disassemble the rear chassis, and stabiizer bar, change their mounting position and reassemble, take a look at Pack 8 Instructions yourself. 

For those of us waiting on Pack 7 still, might be able to do the first steps of Pack 8 now, while we're waiting. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wtshark said:

Checked download section for Pack 8 Instructions, and they were there. 

First step in Pack 8 is fixing the rear stabilizer bar we assembled in Pack 4 (?). Seems we are disassemble the rear chassis, and stabiizer bar, change their mounting position and reassemble, take a look at Pack 8 Instructions yourself. 

For those of us waiting on Pack 7 still, might be able to do the first steps of Pack 8 now, while we're waiting. 

Yep, same here. Now paid for pack 8 but still awaiting delivery of pack 7.... ho hum.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, CraigThePlague said:

As way of an update, I got home last night to find pack 7 had been delivered 👍

Wonderful! Sadly, I have received neither, (notice of shipping, or the actual Pack 7). Thanks or the update!

• Sad 1

As I am still waiting for Pack 7 to arrive, I decided to go ahead a bit and "fix" the rear sway bar, (as directed in the early stages of Pack 8 instructions). It's a fairly easy process, though the semi-difficult part is removing the center screw holding the rear chassis panel onto the assembly. The sway bar blocks it, making it tight to get a screwdriver on straight, removal is easy, but getting tightened back down required a bit of force. 

It does seem that the rearranging of the rear sway bar squared up the rear end. When I mounted my rear wheel/tyre assemblies to the rear end at the end of Pack 6, I noticed the rear end was offset ever so slightly, (about 1.5 mm). The rear end was slightly askew. I could square it by pushing the entire assembly to the passenger side, but it wasn't aligned to the body. By removing the tension on the rear sway bar, it seems the rear end is now aligned and the rear tyres sit evenly on the chassis. So, FWIW, if you have/had this issue, hopefully this alleviates it. 

• Like 2