DB5 pack 7

1 hour ago, Scotter said:

Has anyone recently received pack 7 of the DB5?

I received Pack 6, 5 weeks ago and  I'm eagerly awaiting the next part of the build. 

I'm still waiting, but I received Pack 6 3 weeks ago, someone in another thread received 7 and commented on an issue with the ejector seat and directions regarding the proper mounting of the steering wheel. Hopefully, 7 comes soon 

13 hours ago, Richard Gregory said:

Received mine last week and I'm in Australia. It's hit and miss how quickly they send them out after payment has been taken, anything between one to two weeks.

Thank you, any answer to your questions about the seat and steering wheel yet? Have you tried using the "contact us" venue on the main website?

• Like 1

I don't think the ejector seat is a problem, it's more on where you put your fingers when pushing it down. No reply on the steering wheel yet, or if anyone else has the flat sides ending up in the wrong position. If there isn't a response in a couple of days will try the contact us page.

Not sure where I posted about the steering wheel as it doesn't come up on the James Bond DB5 Official Build page, but it has been viewed by a lot of people.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Richard Gregory said:

I don't think the ejector seat is a problem, it's more on where you put your fingers when pushing it down. No reply on the steering wheel yet, or if anyone else has the flat sides ending up in the wrong position. If there isn't a response in a couple of days will try the contact us page.

Not sure where I posted about the steering wheel as it doesn't come up on the James Bond DB5 Official Build page, but it has been viewed by a lot of people.

I see, that makes sense, thanks for answering my questions.

It's listed in the forums below the main DB5, scroll down below the first 3 (Official build, Member Build and General Chat) and you'll see it posted.

From what I remember, the instructions directed us to ensure the steering shaft was mounted with the "flat part down", but as we've discussed, there have been some errors in the instructions, or confusing photos. Hopefully you get an answer, or everyone else simply does it and we discuss it here. 

All the best

Subforums.jpg

• Like 1

I received an email day before yesterday saying there were shipping delays for Pack 7, the email was US specific, but I posted it in the topics and received a reply from @CraigThePlaguethat he also received a similar email to his region, (The UK). I would guess others are having this issue and received the same email, but haven't read the posts. 

Thanks for the update.

I've had no information whatsoever,

And it's been 6 weeks since my last pack. 

I've made quite a few mods to this build which has helped give me more to do.

I'd need to start another 2 builds to try and give me more modelling time but spending 3-4 hundred a month  doesn't give me personally much of a hobby for such a large outlay. Even at that i wouldn't know when i was go to receive the other packs.

I've thought about getting a full kit, but it's a big 1 off outlay and the current models i want to build aren't available.

So plastic models kits it is till the postman knocks I'm afraid.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scotter said:

Thanks for the update.

I've had no information whatsoever,

And it's been 6 weeks since my last pack. 

I've made quite a few mods to this build which has helped give me more to do.

I'd need to start another 2 builds to try and give me more modelling time but spending 3-4 hundred a month  doesn't give me personally much of a hobby for such a large outlay. Even at that i wouldn't know when i was go to receive the other packs.

I've thought about getting a full kit, but it's a big 1 off outlay and the current models i want to build aren't available.

So plastic models kits it is till the postman knocks I'm afraid.

Agreed, sorry you didn't receive an update. There was a substantial time difference between Packs 1 and 2 for me, with Pack 1 arriving Nov. 3rd or so and Pack 2 Jan. 2nd, (I'm sure the holidays slowed its movement a bit) but the timing makes it difficult to build, where there's nothing else to assemble.

I received Packs 4 & 5 almost within 2 weeks of one another and then Pack 6 a few weeks later. I told myself I'd wait a few weeks and see if any additional errata's were posted after the door hinge issue with Pack 1, though like you, I want to spend time on the build. 

I don't have the talent, patience or eyesight to do most of the amazing mods I've seen done here, the level of detail and skill is impressive, to say the least, but that means aside from making a couple of little floor mats from the spare carpet scrap, the project sits, until I get the next Pack. 

So, we wait. Hopefully, the kinks and issues are worked out and the wait times diminish. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't either, though I was charged for Pack 8 on May 27th, (since they're so far behind now) and I sent them a note through the service portal, asking why I was charged for Pack 8, when I still hadn't received Pack 7 yet, they replied, stating Pack 7 would be going out early next week (first week of June) and "they would be getting me back to building soon", they also apologized for the delay. 

I understand delays happen, maybe there was an issue with manufacturing and they had to retool or redo some parts they weren't up to the standards we've come to expect. I hope to see Pack 7 soon, and 8 following quickly behind, in the meantime, all I can do it wait. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, I would like to see a completely new portal with clear and precise information of packs, delivery and billing.  I feel a far better layout could be implemented.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...