Problem with the Left Bank function

EssJay

Just completing the last pack. But have had some issues with the lifters, rudder and flaps but the strangest thing I when I select the Left Bank button on the remote. When I press the button the plane doesn't bank with no movement from the rudder, it just engages the 20mm cannons in the wings. The cannons also work with the cannon button. I checked the plugs in the circuit board but they are all correct. Bank Right works. It feels like a programming issue with the microprocessor on the circuit board or an issue with the remote. Has anyone had this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I haven't seen this problem before, but I think you're correct in guessing that it's a remote or processor issue.  Contact Agora CS and give them them the symptoms.  You could mention that I've seen your post on the forum and suspect a faulty remote or display pedestal processor.  I'd replace the remote first as replacing the processor is more involved, and I think a faulty remote is more likely anyway.

• 11 months later...
On 8/4/2023 at 4:17 PM, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

I haven't seen this problem before, but I think you're correct in guessing that it's a remote or processor issue.  Contact Agora CS and give them them the symptoms.  You could mention that I've seen your post on the forum and suspect a faulty remote or display pedestal processor.  I'd replace the remote first as replacing the processor is more involved, and I think a faulty remote is more likely anyway.

Hi Mark

How does one fix a programming error?  I have gone through 3 aircraft circuit boards, and the Right Landing Gear still partially extends during the landing sequence and simultaneously, the tail gear does not extend.  On a few occasions, it all works as advertised.  When initializing to start a new flight, the gear extends normally as well as the tail wheel.  Then on landing, same failure.  I would say 9 failures out of 10 flights.  90% failure rate!  Another note, during take off, the tail wheel will retract about 30% of the time.  

All circuit boards have an 11/21 production date.  All switches and motors have been changed or tested with no failures.  I even faced timed the plane with an electrical engineer.  Definitely a programing problem.  If I turn the base off while the plane is in flight mode, then initialize, the gear all drops as normal.  Then  when starting a new flight cycle, the gear partially extends once again, but a 50% failure rate.  Damn frustrating.  I checked everything to the length of testing the plane when installing the fuselage, to make sure nothing is binding.  

I now have a plane that operates well, but can't land!

See videos, a rare exception where all worked, the second how it normally functions.  Note tailwheel does not retract!

• Administrator

Nice to see a video of a plane working!  It seems strange that the landing gear only partially extends some of the time.  Does it always stop in the same place, or is it variable.  It's unlikely to be a programming error as that would give a consistent error.  I.e. It would fail 100% of the time, not 50%.  

Does the gear extend on the start-up sequence regardless of whether it was stopped as landed or in flight?  If I recall correctly, (been a while since I used mine!) the lifters all cycle then the landing gear either cycles or extends?  When it extends fully, does it extend smoothly, or does it seem to struggle or falter at all?

On 8/6/2024 at 7:33 PM, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

Nice to see a video of a plane working!  It seems strange that the landing gear only partially extends some of the time.  Does it always stop in the same place, or is it variable.  It's unlikely to be a programming error as that would give a consistent error.  I.e. It would fail 100% of the time, not 50%.  

Does the gear extend on the start-up sequence regardless of whether it was stopped as landed or in flight?  If I recall correctly, (been a while since I used mine!) the lifters all cycle then the landing gear either cycles or extends?  When it extends fully, does it extend smoothly, or does it seem to struggle or falter at all?

Always stops in the same place.  Yes, after each start-up (Initializing) the gear drops normally and smoothly.  The tail gear, not always.  Despite I can hear it clicking from the motor clutch.  Other times, no power is getting to it.  When I switch to landing mode, all the lights and guns flicker.  Then the gear hangs up.

Here is the problem with the original circuit board, and

l switch.

Hi, here are 2 videos.  Video 1:  Initialized as normal.  Video 2:  The plane being initialized from flying mode.  Notice that the landing gear motors are operating simultaneously and smoothly. I am absolutely confounded.  I have had no response from your CS guys.  Can you help? Thanks!

IMG_9484 (1).MOV
IMG_9484 (1).MOV  IMG_9485 (1).MOV  

I take it Mark you have no ideas on this?  I sure don't.  But as i mentioned before, this model is a rather expensive crap shoot.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

When was the last time anyone from the actual Agora Group built one?  I mean really tried to assemble one?  The quality control is rather questionable for such an expensive kit.  Wayne never got his to work!

• Administrator

Sorry for the slow reply but I'd been away for a few days.  I'm scratching my head over this one.  It seems very strange.  I do have a thought or two, but I want to try it on my model first to see if it has the expected result.  I'd rather break my model than yours if it goes wrong!  Can you leave it with me for a few days.

On 8/17/2024 at 4:13 PM, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

Sorry for the slow reply but I'd been away for a few days.  I'm scratching my head over this one.  It seems very strange.  I do have a thought or two, but I want to try it on my model first to see if it has the expected result.  I'd rather break my model than yours if it goes wrong!  Can you leave it with me for a few days.

Sure, thanks Mark.  Like I said, somedays it works, somedays it doesn't.  Apparently something is causing the PLC in the plane to get confused.  I suspect the drive motor for the tail gear as the culprit.  The only way to be sure is to take every landing gear electric related component out and replace.  But I'm not going to do that.  The plane looks pretty nice sitting next to my Hanchette F-2 Viper Zero!

thumbnail_IMG_9506.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8840.jpg