Routemaster brake pedal switch

Davo

Yes, the switch will close when the pedal is pressed.  I would recommend placing some insulation tape between the metal floor plate and the switch though

32 minutes ago, Taffy said:

I suspect it may cause issues.  I think i seen the tape being added in the last video you uploaded regarding the cab

yeah it's on the "back to 1985"  channel i saw him add the tape but he doesn't say why he did it i assumed it was to lift the switch up slightly so the end of the pedal made contact, when i read your comment i was intrigued to know what your reason was, i thought you also had built the model earlier and the tape was necessary due to some reason i didn't know lol

Coming from an electrical background, it's not good practice to have a metal switch in contact with a metal backing.  In this case it's low voltage, so no shock, however, it could have the potential to run the batteries flat quicker then they should.  Whilst the metal floor is painted, it could rub away as the switch is operated.

Just a precaution really, as I say not harmful effects.

51 minutes ago, Taffy said:

Coming from an electrical background, it's not good practice to have a metal switch in contact with a metal backing.  In this case it's low voltage, so no shock, however, it could have the potential to run the batteries flat quicker then they should.  Whilst the metal floor is painted, it could rub away as the switch is operated.

Just a precaution really, as I say not harmful effects.

Good point thanks 🙂