Pack 7, Ignition key

Wtshark

I purchased the Mike Lane mods I'd previously posted. They were designed to be used with the Eaglemoss, but they are nice and scale. 

After assembling part of the dash I decided to use the Keys and key chain in the ignition, I drilled out the plastic ignition key slot and opened it, slightly, allowing the key to be inserted. The MIke Lane kit comes with "door lock" keyholes, but these are a perfect match to the ignition cover. After fumbling with incredibly small keys and parts, I was able to insert and glue the key into the ignition, along with the key chain and door key. This level of detail is way above my skillset and eyesight, frankly but I was inspired by @Jo.Mora and @Oliv79 (and the others who provide photos of their amazing fabrication skills and attention to detail. I also ran some Moloto Chrome along the defroster vents, to give them that stainless steel/aluminum most higher end cars had in the 60'20240628_105712_1.thumb.jpg.5cf2f3a263685c7a607d2bbff5d177ba.jpg20240629_105241.thumb.jpg.cc84abeeee7ca021d97c6c5f617e76ba.jpg

Once I was finished I had to give my eyes and nerves a break, but I will add, when you go to insert the GPS cover, add a little mineral oil to the edge (or food-grade silicone, olive oil, etc.) similar to what I recommended for the ejector seat track and spring, it will help it slide along the plastic rails easier. 

20240629_095316.jpg

20240629_092837_1.jpg

• Like 2