My take on the DB5 build

Jo.Mora

1 hour ago, Wtshark said:

I just checked, no I have a 1/8 " or so consistent gap. So looks like you're right and "inside" bracket is mis-aligned, did you dis-assemble anything to weather and detail? 

Hi Mike, that's odd... I did disassemble the seat to very and this is what I found...

Ended up grinding off both stops (as they are really useless), reassemble the seat and now the back rest seats perfectly...

Bizarre...

Seat bracket.jpg

• Like 1

Joaquin, I see what you mean, looks like you got it worked out. 

I did snap a pic of mine, (completely untouched since original assembly) and the gap is just a bit tighter on the left (inside) than the right. Glad you were able to fix it.  

20240616_085449.jpg

20240616_085513.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wtshark said:

Joaquin, I see what you mean, looks like you got it worked out. 

I did snap a pic of mine, (completely untouched since original assembly) and the gap is just a bit tighter on the left (inside) than the right. Glad you were able to fix it.  

20240616_085449.jpg

20240616_085513.jpg

Yes! that's exactly what I ment. Though mine was touching one the left and off by almost 1/8" on the right. Which ment that the back rest was not facing straight.

Thanks for the reference pics!

• Thanks 1

The wait for Pack 7 is killing me (cant believe some of you are already at Pack 8 !!!! ) so I need to keep busy... 😒

So I decided to add the wheel valves that are missing in this build. Below is how I did it.

Kept me busy for a big 20 minutes... 🙄

Wheel valve.jpg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jo.Mora said:

The wait for Pack 7 is killing me (cant believe some of you are already at Pack 8 !!!! ) so I need to keep busy... 😒

So I decided to add the wheel valves that are missing in this build. Below is how I did it.

Kept me busy for a big 20 minutes... 🙄

Wheel valve.jpg

Ummm, it's still missing the balancing weights... 🤣😉

Seriously though, looks great, as always and I'm right there with you, waiting. I did get a notification Pack 7 has been mailed and will hopefully be here next week. I hope yours arrives soon as well. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wtshark said:

Ummm, it's still missing the balancing weights... 🤣😉

Seriously though, looks great, as always and I'm right there with you, waiting. I did get a notification Pack 7 has been mailed and will hopefully be here next week. I hope yours arrives soon as well. 

Balancing weights! Great idea, why didn't I think of that! 🤣

I did get the shipping notification too. Looks like I should get Pack 7 by the end of next week but it's Pack 8 that I'm really looking forward to get.

• Like 1

Still killing time... nothing since May 3rd and I don't think Pack 7 will be in in June. 😡

Anyway, this was bothering me since I finished it. The front suspension is non functional due to the rigid rack assembly and sway bar... so I decided to mod this too.

The way I did this, I cut the rack and the sway bar and rejoint them with some heat shrink tube...

Now, the front suspension has much more liberty.

I know, this was not absolutely necessary but my brain needs to keep busy. 😏

20240625_112841.thumb.jpg.9c7c392b60ca046e2e58406c595ce552.jpg20240625_114755.jpg

• Like 1