Cab Floor fit to cab shell

Giddykippa

So i decided to do a test fit of the cab floor to the cab shell and wow not sure if im doing something wrong but mine is incredibly tight to the extent where it's like something is miss sized i really struggled to get it anywhere near a proper fit has anyone else tried their cab floor in cab shell ?

would love to know if anyone else experiencing same problem as me ?

Yes Giddykippa. Very tight.

Also when offering up the front radiator panel I thought the cab was twisted because there seemed to be a number a large gaps.

However once getting a single MM screw to hold things together it seemed much better. (this happens in issue 41)

I think it is still going to be bit of a pull to get front radiator panel and cab together!

1 hour ago, Triplevalve said:

Yes Giddykippa. Very tight.

Also when offering up the front radiator panel I thought the cab was twisted because there seemed to be a number a large gaps.

However once getting a single MM screw to hold things together it seemed much better. (this happens in issue 41)

I think it is still going to be bit of a pull to get front radiator panel and cab together!

hi Tripplevalve thanks for that glad its not just me watching a youtuber called back to 1985 doing the hachette build his just seemed to slide in with ease

Good Video.

One thing I have come across whilst attempting to trial fit the cab, is that the steering rocker lever (36I) prevents full left lock as it hits the engine front mounting beam (29v).  Looks like it may need to have a notch cut out.

37 minutes ago, Taffy said:

Good Video.

One thing I have come across whilst attempting to trial fit the cab, is that the steering rocker lever (36I) prevents full left lock as it hits the engine front mounting beam (29v).  Looks like it may need to have a notch cut out.

daft question you sure you have it mounted correct way round mine turns right and left ok

If you turn the steering fully left, then move the wheels to full right lock, the holes in the two steering bar (black and sliver one) do not line up.

11 minutes ago, Taffy said:

If you turn the steering fully left, then move the wheels to full right lock, the holes in the two steering bar (black and sliver one) do not line up.

I Hadn't tried that based on not actually fitting cab yet awaiting pack 5 but thanks for the heads up Taffy will definitely keep an eye out for that

On 2/21/2022 at 1:25 PM, Taffy said:

Good Video.

hi taffy finally found time to dry fit cab floor to chassis connect steering rods and boom me to that chassis bar infront of radiator blocks steering from turning left not only that but when i tried turning steering wheel back wheel went lose now no movement in gearbox its just gone sloppy seems like there's an issue somewhere with either deffectice steering gearbox parts and design as that chassis bar is gonna stop wheels from turning left aahhrrghh

On 2/18/2022 at 2:14 PM, Giddykippa said:

So i decided to do a test fit of the cab floor to the cab shell and wow not sure if im doing something wrong but mine is incredibly tight to the extent where it's like something is miss sized i really struggled to get it anywhere near a proper fit has anyone else tried their cab floor in cab shell ?

would love to know if anyone else experiencing same problem as me ?

Just put mine in there is a knack once you got it in once its quite simple

20220226_103301.jpg

20220226_103246.jpg

20220226_103242.jpg

1 hour ago, Julian said:

Just put mine in there is a knack once you got it in once its quite simple

20220226_103301.jpg

20220226_103246.jpg

20220226_103242.jpg

hi Julian yeah i tried again it's a tight fit but do-able the main problem is that chassis cross member behind radiator when you fit cab floor to chassis the steering gearbox is right up against it so when you try and turn steering wheel left its blocked by that cross member