Not happy with customer service

Neil O

Received pack 4 the day before yesterday and started putting it together yesterday.

However, when fitting the small cooling hose (part 27C) onto the Water Pipe (27B) the sprig/post that it attaches to just snapped.

I hardly applied any pressure but it just snapped.

Has anyone else had that problem??

I contacted Customer services and they have got back to me and want me to pay £20. (Yes, Twenty bloody pounds) to send a replacement water pipe!!!!!

I have told them to forget it and I will try and repair the one I have.

Is this really the customer service I am expected to receive when I am paying over £1800 for the collectors edition????

If so, there is no way I will collect any more of their models

I never got charged a thing when I was building a de Agostini model years ago I I wanted replacements for faulty parts.

Granted, I broke this part but I could argue it was faulty due to its flimsiness. Either way, I expected some show of goodwill rather than just fleecing the customer an extra £20 for a small piece of plastic.

• Like 1

Hey Neil O

Strange they are making you pay for replacement. I've never had to pay for a replacement part if something snapped or was poor quality. Maybe because it's a collectors edition?seems weird.

I understand that the quality is not always there,I've had lots of bits snap and not go together properly on my terminator and leopard tank. I just cut my losses and I'm much more cautious now with signing up for a new agora mode as ive always had issues with parts.

I have had much less issues with fanhome builds than I have agora. Crazy as that sounds! 

After a stroppy e-mail to customer services, they agreed to send the replacement free of charge but stated that it is usual to charge for replacements. I don't think this is acceptable especially as they are charging more for the replacement part than the original part.

I'm only a third of the way through the build so I hope this is a one off