Ejector seat modification

I've noticed that when pushing the ejector seat onto the release mechanism I pushed the seat cushion forward exposing the plastic underneath. This is difficult to return to the correct position with the back of the seat in place, so I have run small bead of super glue along the sides and back to keep it in place.

The other option is to push the sides of the seat down to insert it onto the release mechanism.

ejector seat  1.JPG

ejector seat  2.JPG

ejector seat  3.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2024 at 7:18 PM, Richard Gregory said:

I've noticed that when pushing the ejector seat onto the release mechanism I pushed the seat cushion forward exposing the plastic underneath. This is difficult to return to the correct position with the back of the seat in place, so I have run small bead of super glue along the sides and back to keep it in place.

The other option is to push the sides of the seat down to insert it onto the release mechanism.

ejector seat  1.JPG

ejector seat  2.JPG

ejector seat  3.JPG

Having finally received Pack 7, I found exactly what you said, I did follow your advice and put a small bead of super glue along the edge/lip of the back of the seat. I didn't initially and when I went to mount the seat, it pushed the back of the seat down and I had to disassemble the seat to reset it, I should've listened. I will add that ejector spring is VERY tight/strong and getting the seat to reset and engage with the lever requires a lot of force, I'm not sure it'll be any easier when the model is assembled and the entire assembly is in the car. I didn't want to alter the mechanism, nor did I want to mix machine oil and plastic (half of the spring retainer) so I opted for a bit of Olive Oil, you could probably use mineral oil or food grade silicone as well but running a bit of that over the spring assembly and spring itself really seemed to help reset the seat. I probably won't eject it again once it's assembled, unless of course someone just has to see it, but the OO seemed to help with the slide and catch. 

20240627_093500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep! Same issue here for the seat...  Is it me but I find the spring to be crazy strong and the whole thing really hard to reset??

As @Wtshark says, it will probably be even harder to set the seat back in place once the model is complete...

Since I don't think this is a feature that I will ever use, I think I will just remove the spring.

I also followed @Richard Gregory advise to super glue the seat bottom. Great tip Richard! 👍

• Like 2