Left rear hub snapped and hood pins

KyleG

Do to my careless in putting the car down my left rear hub snapped right at the tire attachment to the rear axle.  I am trying to see if super glue will work

My left hood pin is also smashed do to my struggling with putting on the body.

Is there any way to buy replacement parts for the hood pins?  The super glue may work on the axle so I'm running with that repair for now.

Kyle

10 hours ago, KyleG said:

Do to my careless in putting the car down my left rear hub snapped right at the tire attachment to the rear axle.  I am trying to see if super glue will work

Is there any way to buy replacement parts for the hood pins?  The super glue may work on the axle so I'm running with that repair for now.

Kyle

I really would be surprised if superglue held the axle properly, or even epoxy. There's a lot of weight in the finished build.

Mine broke at the same point and I had to replace the axle part by partially stripping the model down.

Same here,  broke while turning the model over. Waiting for replacement parts for the axle. Will also have to undo a good part of the model to replace the parts. I also think due to the weight of the model that the axles should be metal.

• Like 1

It would certainly be more practical if the weight-bearing components were metal, as they are on many 1:8 scale models. Moreover, this also benefits screw-tightening and the overall quality of the finished vehicle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 2:31 AM, KyleG said:

Kyle

if you have broken the pins you can live chat or email customer services and they will be happy to send out replacements.

I was contacted the next day by customer service.  I have not received anything in the mail yet but I am in no hurry.  I have built other company kits and I have to say Agora customer service is the best of all companies.  There is not even a comparison.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My rear axle broke too... just as I was putting in the final screws to secure the body to the chasis. It's ridiculously fragile for such a heavy model. I wasn't even being careless. I simply turned the model the right way up to see if everything looked lined up and one of the rear wheels snapped off. I'm not going to strip the whole thing down just to fix that so will glue it and hope for the best. Now that I've finished the build, it's obvious that certain parts have been scrimped on (the hood pins - insanely easy to break, the extremely thin chroming on some of the plastic parts that can be easily scratched with a fingernail, the flimsy steering wheel, and others). I know it's a static display model, but even so... very poor in places.

Let's hope the Leopard tank is a little less fragile, given that that's designed to be driven around!

• Like 1

Yes, I can only agree with you there. For the price that Agora ask for a 'museum-quality' model, some of the more important parts and finishes are underwhelming. 

Luckily the glue seems to be holding the wheel on (four days in my display cabinet so far and it's not fallen off yet!) and to be fair, it does look lovely.

Just not quite as lovely as it should given that I don't dare move it in case something breaks...

• 1 month later...

I also broke off my rear left wheel at the axle while trying to attach the body to the chassis.  I'm really dreading having to disassemble the car, but I don't see how any super glue could work.  I also highly recommend making the axles metal.

I, too, broke both axle pins while trying to affix the body to the chassis.  I obtained replacement parts from Agora and dis-assembled the whole build to pack three stage to replace the axle.  As I took each part off, I was careful to replace the individual screws into the parts from which they were removed to aid re-assembly. I re-assembled the model but this time I delayed the attachment of all the wheels until the very last act. That way even when struggling to attach the body to chassis, no pressure was applied to any of the wheel mounts and the re-build was a complete success.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:45 PM, Harry said:

I also broke off my rear left wheel at the axle while trying to attach the body to the chassis.  I'm really dreading having to disassemble the car, but I don't see how any super glue could work.  I also highly recommend making the axles metal.

The glue on mine is still holding. Although I haven't moved the model once since glueing the wheel on and putting it in my display cabinet.

22 hours ago, pwjadams said:

I, too, broke both axle pins while trying to affix the body to the chassis.  I obtained replacement parts from Agora and dis-assembled the whole build to pack three stage to replace the axle.  As I took each part off, I was careful to replace the individual screws into the parts from which they were removed to aid re-assembly. I re-assembled the model but this time I delayed the attachment of all the wheels until the very last act. That way even when struggling to attach the body to chassis, no pressure was applied to any of the wheel mounts and the re-build was a complete success.

For a model costing this much (even by partwork standards, it's expensive), we shouldn't have to do things like this. The parts should be near enough perfect.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/24/2021 at 8:30 AM, Bankshot said:

My left rear hub and hood pins snapped as well. Along with many others apparently, I would recommend that metal would be better for these parts. I glued the wheel hub back on, so it is now an entirely static display.

I replaced my hood pins with brass rods ,drilled for the safety wires and chrome paint marked the pieces. The safety pins are now fabricated from chrome painted brass wire. I should have done this mod before even trying the supplied plastic pieces. The plastic is too fragile. The rods are super glued after fitting.