Is Modelspace closing?

Has any one else heard that modelspace is closing down? I heard a rumor on anther page and am a bit nervous because I have a kit halfway built with them there seems no official word [I asked there customer service and they knew nothing] but looking at the website everything is on sale and they seem to have lost th star wars licence products????

anyone shed some light on it?

I've just received my latest pack of parts from them (X-Wing) today, so they don't appear to be closing down just yet.

The facts that they're not responding to emails, that they're the first parts I've received in almost four months, that they've skipped a pack and sent (and charged me for) a binder that I didn't order are pretty much par for the course from Modelspace these days...

Can't edit posts for some reason... but I actually had a response from Modelspace a little while ago. Seems as though only Deagostini are handling the X-Wing build as of now. And the R2D2 build is no longer on either Modelspace or Deagostini. It's now on Fanhome.com. So Modelspace may not be closing, but there does seem to be something going on.

*edit* And now I can edit stuff. Weird 😛

Edited by notsram

I'm in the US and almost half way building R2D2. I hadn't gotten a shipment since 11/28.  I e-mailed them and they said they intend on finishing the models that were stared with them, but stopped new subscriptions over a month ago. We don't have FanHome in the US yet (supposedly starting later this year.) It's funny since FanHome is technically DeAgostini.

Hi All,

I am  Mark Adams, and I am the Forum Admin for DeAgostini ModelSpace. I wanted to address the rumors above:;

The absence of anything movie related is simply due to ALL movie related product being moved over to FanHome. This includes Star Wars, the Fast and Furious Charger, and other product that is still in the pipeline. We, at the ModelSpace Forums will continue to support the products you subscribed to, and you WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT left with a half completed subscription to any of your builds!

I completely understand the feeling that many of you might have had upon seeing your kit disappear from the displayed kits available, but again, rest assured that your subscriptions will continue.

Also, in that vein, the production and delivery delays we have al been experiencing (yes, even my own subs) are  slowly being remedied. This is evidenced by the long awaited X-wing issues being sent out.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you to Liam White for allowing me to jump onto his boards in my official ModelSpace capacity.

Thanks again and stay well,

Mark Adams

• Thanks 3

On 3/12/2021 at 3:39 AM, Clayton Kibby said:

We, at the ModelSpace Forums will continue to support the products you subscribed to, and you WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT left with a half completed subscription to any of your builds!

That's interesting considering that I got told last year that my R2D2 would not be able to be supplied and that it was recommended that I cancel my subscription. Needless to say I am now left with a part built R2D2 that is completely useless.

Hi Rippa,

Nothing could be further from the truth. Whoever told you that is so full of “it” they should be spread over 40 acres as fertilizer! I’d be willing to bet you are in the UK? 

I am sending you a email, care of your 3mates address. This is in NO way an action of DeAgostini, but rather, some idiot at the contracted CS agency, who doesn’t know day, from night. 

Thanks, and my apologies for this!

Mark

6 hours ago, Clayton Kibby said:

Hi Rippa,

Nothing could be further from the truth. Whoever told you that is so full of “it” they should be spread over 40 acres as fertilizer! I’d be willing to bet you are in the UK? 

I am sending you a email, care of your 3mates address. This is in NO way an action of DeAgostini, but rather, some idiot at the contracted CS agency, who doesn’t know day, from night. 

Thanks, and my apologies for this!

Mark

Thank you and I have replied to your email. For the record I am in Australia.

6 hours ago, notsram said:

Deagostini CS does seem to be sadly lacking these days. They've always been slow, but neither of the last two emails I've sent (one more than three weeks ago) have been answered.

If you could contact me at 

experten@sbcglobal.net

I’ll see if I can get you sorted. 
To everyone else looking in on this, please get ahold of me at the ModelSpace forums. It really isn’t appropriate for me to be conducting CS on the Agora Forums. You all should be talking about your fantastic Agora builds! (Yup. I’ve got a couple going. Ain’t gonna say which ones though!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So as of today the DeAgostini ModelSpace web site for the US is down.  Also on the international site the US is no longer listed as a country they do business in.  I have a half built GT 40 and haven’t received a shipment in 2 months.  My emails to customer service have gone unanswered.  What can I conclude except that they have abandoned the US market and those of us who subscribed are now screwed!

• 2 months later...

So from either the R2-D2 or the Millennium Falcon build, I was supposed to get a Darth Vader figurine. I got the C3PO figurine and was told Darth was on backorder, like 3 years ago! I am guessing with all this change and shakeup the ship has sailed for my Darth Vader figurine. I suppose I should be lucky to have even got the C3PO one!

• 1 month later...

Model Space phone not ringing today 15Aug22

I called FanHome and they told me box 23 & 24 of GT40 would be sent later this week

after the Eaglemoss 'situation' I am nervous to say the least.

This crap, even if planned, was not communicated at all to subscribers - 100% not to me anyways

• 2 months later...