Bismarck Pack 2 - stage 18

Stage 18 - testing the wiring,IMG_7959.thumb.jpg.edb2790f2d79f75b90f109e51f4dd47d.jpg

For the testing, General Lou videoed my build in action so you can see what you should be looking for.

This first video shows what happens during the initialization phase

The second video we see all functions of the turret being tested:

And the final video of the three tests the two anchor winches .- they will turn clockwise and anticlockwise periodically moving the chains in either direction for a short period. Note the do not move the chains the full distance at this stage.

• 1 month later...

Hi.  Quite honestly, when I listened to these videos, especially the second one, I was astounded to hear a lot of 'clacking' noises going on as the turret rotate and the guns went through their elevation range.  It sounded like, well, it didn't sound good.  Is this the way that the finished model will sound?  Or will this change as other parts are added?  But if this noise level will stay the same but be muffled because it is surrounded by a metal hull, I'd like to know that too.  Thanks so much.

In reality, know one knows as no-one has a completed model yet.  These videos are just testing the hardware.  The finished ship will have audio so any mechanics should be muffled. The clicking noise is the testing of the guns firing. These will only fire once upon command when the ship is completed.  I suppose we'll have to stay tuned to the German subscribers as they will be the first to finish.

The 'clicking' is the recoil of the guns firing. Its just a simple spring loaded cam mechanism.  I am unaware of audio on the model. The 3 actions - rotation, elevation and firing will all be able to be controlled separately on the completed ship, all 3 are going at once on the test

• Thanks 1