Anchors Not Working

Tommy Bowler

Probably worth taking things apart, check the gears in the gearbox are meshing correctly, check the anchor chains are correctly attached to the spools, check the gear on the limit switch is set correctly (it could be pushing the switch the wrong way), and finally if you have the test circuit for just the motor, check that out on its own. There could be a possibility the motors just doesn't work, or it could be that you screwed the gear box too tightly to prevent the gears turning.

Thanks for the information. I took everything apart and tested the motor directly to the battery box. It worked fine. I held everything in place and it all worked. Put the screws in.......nothing. They were only finger tight. I backed off the screws either side of the motor by half a turn and everything worked. A quarter turn and I could hear the motor becoming labored so backed them off. Famous last words: all is well now!

• 2 weeks later...