Pack five

BigDee

Good evening

also received coli n Β° 5

after examination and start of assembly some remarks

Β 

- the front suspensions are easier to assemble if the wheels are removed, unlike what they do at Agora

- the wheel fixing bolts are too short and they screw up easily (2) I replaced with longer ones with washer

-the front shock absorbers actually disengage if the car is lifted; if the additional accessories of the front axle (rack and stabilizer bar) do not prevent this too great downward travel, we will have to find a way to eliminate this defect because once the car is finished it will be a hassle to rewind the shock absorbers

-the plastic of the wheel arches is really raw plastic and deserves a little satin black paint to be cleaner!

- and for aesthetics I am going to paint the springs in red and you have to put a small black washer at the foot of each spring to center them on the shock absorber otherwise they go off to the side.

Β 

see you more for pictures.

5 hours ago, Pierre said:

Good evening

also received coli n Β° 5

after examination and start of assembly some remarks

Β 

- the front suspensions are easier to assemble if the wheels are removed, unlike what they do at Agora

- the wheel fixing bolts are too short and they screw up easily (2) I replaced with longer ones with washer

-the front shock absorbers actually disengage if the car is lifted; if the additional accessories of the front axle (rack and stabilizer bar) do not prevent this too great downward travel, we will have to find a way to eliminate this defect because once the car is finished it will be a hassle to rewind the shock absorbers

-the plastic of the wheel arches is really raw plastic and deserves a little satin black paint to be cleaner!

- and for aesthetics I am going to paint the springs in red and you have to put a small black washer at the foot of each spring to center them on the shock absorber otherwise they go off to the side.

Β 

see you more for pictures.

I left the Β wheels off until the front suspension issue gets resolved. Β It is a lot easer to install the front suspension with wheels off.

a solution given by another fitter in France:
glue the spring heads of the shock absorbers to their supports with cyanolite glue:
this centers the springs and limits the downward movement of the front suspension and therefore the disengagement of the shock rod.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:21 AM, BigDee said:

😁😁😁😁 pack five just delivered. 

Roll on pack six.

Yes, was charged for pack 6, hopefully the shipping issues are resolved and we can all get back on trackΒ 

3 hours ago, cnecne said:

Pack 5 arrived today!

Pack 4 still missing!

BTW: The tracking is a bit lousy, because the tracking breaks when the pack leaves the UK to Germany! In Germany there is no tracking information. Thats very bad, see my missing pack 4!

Have you tried using the parcelsappΒ website?Β http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/xxxxxxxΒ replace the xxxxxxx with your track code.

• 11 months later...