Plastic / Metal parts / Weight

CSM666

Hey guys, this question could be for Agora or any of the members who are building.

Is there a reason half of this model is metal and the other half plastic? I am noticing pack 1 - 4 the majority was metal but have noticed packs 5 - 6 not so much metal parts at tall. I noticed that the upper body so far seems to be a lot of metal and then the packs 5-6 which are the hips and beginning of the leg are all plastic. 

Is this a conscious choice to spread out the weight of the model? or was it not within budget to make the whole thing metal?

I have just finished pack 6, noticing it is starting to get very heavy and having it lying down all the time then moving is getting to be a pain and I am worried parts are going to become loose. 

Has anyone built a temporary structure or a way to hold the model until we get the actual stand? Contemplating putting some hooks on my wall for now and having it hang. 

This is by no means a complaint as I am having such a blast building it, just a suggestion that I feel like the stand or something temporary should become available around the half way mark. 

unnamed2.thumb.jpg.0769a59b44826b87815bf855915190b3.jpgunnamed.thumb.jpg.7628319e53a7a0e727eee7f46877746d.jpg

Yes actually ian campbell has a  temp stand  for sale  to hold it  its featured in world of Waynes videos and if it were all metal to even that point its be twice as heavy.  Also given how some  parts like the  thigh in metal might be harder to cast then a plastic injection mold.  and cost /time  and shipping weight. yeah i know a few times  you open the box and  you get all these light boxes of parts and then another is heavy. 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, dashriptide said:

Yes actually ian campbell has a  temp stand  for sale  to hold it  its featured in world of Waynes videos and if it were all metal to even that point its be twice as heavy.  Also given how some  parts like the  thigh in metal might be harder to cast then a plastic injection mold.  and cost /time  and shipping weight. yeah i know a few times  you open the box and  you get all these light boxes of parts and then another is heavy. 

The thigh and chest plates are all plastic. Only metal is the head, upper arms and chest frame. 85% of the model is plastic and different colours, shades and finishes.

On 2/23/2021 at 12:17 AM, cooteman said:

hello mate  the stand you are looking for and mods/fixes for tendon wobbles (which I highly recommend) are available here www.partworkupgrades.com  cheers Jon

Nice! I will deffo get the tendon wobble fix.