Brexit

airb

What is going to happen after the first of January, when the brexit is a fact ?

What is going to happen with the EU country's like  Belgium, Holland, Germany, France, Italia and other not UK residents, i believe

we must pay a lot of taxes on or following packs (income taxes, VAT etc.)

Please a reaction from Agora !!!!!!

Heard rumours that the want to ship from France. Dont know if its true.

In my case (Germany) taxes would raise the priz at least minimum 20%.

That would be the dead sentence for Agora in Germany. So the have to find a solution.

• Like 1

Hello
it is certain that an expedition from France would decrease the costs of postage.
but if because of the brexit we had an additional cost: I would interrupt my subscription and Agora would undoubtedly lose a lot of subscribers in Europe

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there will be some delay on my delivery of Pack 4 (I hope no extra cost after the assessment, and all pieces will be back in the box).

"Your item has been presented to Customs on 18-01-2021 for assessment. More information will be available once the assessment is complete."

"How much time for my parcel to arrive?
Your shipment is at customs for clearance. The delivery time is expected to be within 20 to 24 days."

Mine is also presented to the customs, i get the same explanation on the site

of bpost.

And Agora keep the silence, still no reaction.

I think that they now that the most of us don't terminate the subscription,

because if you stop and cancel the subscription you don't have nothing and

spend money on a incomplete model. Not so nice from Agora but that's business !!!!

At least they could give us some form of communication around the whole Brexit situation as it looks to me there will be VAT, customs fees and duties, added to every box we receive. This would be 21% of the content value plus 22 or 30€. Plus we will have to wait almost 3 extra weeks on our delivery. Think I will reevaluate my purchase anyway in case Agora doesn't come up with a solution (they shouldn't be surprised by it as they were well aware Brexit was coming).

• Like 1

Hopefully they're working on opening a distribution centre somewhere in the EU. That would be the ideal situation. Its not fair for people to have to start paying am extra tax on something that was unknown at the beginning. Fingers crossed you guys hear something soon

• Like 1

I think that i will finish this model, but seriously think it over not to subscribe on an other

model of Agora.

They did'n make any effort to give some reaction on my question about what is going

to happen after the brexit , no communication at all on this forum.

If i make a little sum, i pay monthly 132 euro multiply by 12 months give 1584 euros,

with taxes and etc. maybe 20 to 25% surplus, than you pay more or less 2000 euros,

or more for this model.

The question you must ask yourself is, the model that worth ?????

And another inconvenience fact is that it takes much more time to get your packet

Plus no communication at all, but maybe i am nagging and a little bit angry !!!!!

Surprise, surprise I did receive my Pack 4 today. No extra costs and just a slight delay compared with before the brexit. Think luck is a factor to be taken into account as of now.

But more communication would indeed be welcomed, even just a slight little message there will be a delay for x or y reason is enough for me to adapt my expectations. I don't ask and expect miracles in current situations.

• Like 1

i believe that they did address this issue some place in a letter / email or on the website in another post about  they are  not going to put any added  money into the  packs as far as that went  and i would assume they would address  before changing anything as far as money is concerned 

4 hours ago, Cygnus Projects said:

Surprise, surprise I did receive my Pack 4 today. No extra costs and just a slight delay compared with before the brexit. Think luck is a factor to be taken into account as of now.

But more communication would indeed be welcomed, even just a slight little message there will be a delay for x or y reason is enough for me to adapt my expectations. I don't ask and expect miracles in current situations.

That sounds like very good news, mine is still with the customs.

Like you said luck is the main factor, if your goods are in the hands of the Belgian customs.

Enjoy your build.

39 minutes ago, airb said:

That sounds like very good news, mine is still with the customs.

Like you said luck is the main factor, if your goods are in the hands of the Belgian customs.

Enjoy your build.

Thanks, hope yours get released soon!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, airb said:

Mine is still in the hands of the Belgian customs, arrived 18/01 !!!!!

And some minuts ago i pay for pack n° 5.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like you are unlucky. I would expect most are released together from customs as the boxes should arrive in bulk. So wondering why they are keeping some aside while releasing others. Maybe they are already building yours for you? (Sorry, bad joke).

Nice to hear Pack 5 is taking form but not pleasant to pay while not received the previous pack though.

• Like 1

I know I’m not addressing the exact issue here, but as an American who imports partworks from UK, Italy, and France, I can tell you I’ve seen those kinds of gaps in delivery updates consistently.  I will have no idea whether a package is coming in 7 days, or 21 more days.  The courier tracking will simply randomly stop updating, usually at some border or customs checkpoint, and then nada, until one day my package will randomly show up.  

So that having been said, I’m not sure how much power Agora really has in the matter.  It seems to simply be a part of the messy nature of importing.  Although again, I know that doesn’t address all of the issues being mentioned in this thread, and do generally agree that more communication is better than less.

11 hours ago, Cygnus Projects said:

Sorry to hear that, sounds like you are unlucky. I would expect most are released together from customs as the boxes should arrive in bulk. So wondering why they are keeping some aside while releasing others. Maybe they are already building yours for you? (Sorry, bad joke).

Nice to hear Pack 5 is taking form but not pleasant to pay while not received the previous pack though.

It's not a bad joke, i was thinking the same way !!!!!

Agora Customer Service

15:44 (il y a 2 heures)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
À moi
cleardot.gif

Hi Pierre,

We are told by Royal Mail that this is normal due to the initial delays caused by Brexit. We should see the tracking update this week.

Many thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pierre said:

Agora Customer Service

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
À moi
cleardot.gif

Hi Pierre,

We are told by Royal Mail that this is normal due to the initial delays caused by Brexit. We should see the tracking update this week.

Many thanks

Let us hope so !!!!

bpost-logo.png
  1. Track your shipment
  2. LG397639945GB

Parcel: LG397639945GB

Awaiting customs clearance

Your parcel is going through an import procedure.

customs_active.svg

How much time for my parcel to arrive?
Your shipment is at customs for clearance. The delivery time is expected to be within 20 to 24 day

• Arrival at international office of exchange
    • 2021-01-18 | 17:44
    • Departure from office of exchange
    • 2021-01-15 | 03:40
    • Item deposited to local postal operator
    • 2021-01-14 |    
The parcel moved not a single centimeter, since 18/01 !!!!!!!

On 1/24/2021 at 6:44 PM, Pierre said:

Agora Customer Service

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
À moi
cleardot.gif

Hi Pierre,

Many thanks

This is not the truth ( or fake news😂😭).

Terminator pack 9 was shipped one week after Cobra pack 4 and arrived within one week.

Pack 4, according to the tracking number, is still in the UK.

• Sad 1