Bismarck

Brandon

This model is purely for display, it has a die cast hull, made up of hundred plus pieces, put together with screws.... it would sink like a rock.

You want to buy the Trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck if you want to float your boat. One piece thick styrene hull.

• Like 2

I went with the trumpeter version with the pontos detail set and scaledecks for the wood decking. Lots of work but beautiful in the end. Half the cost when all is said and done. Not sure which model is better as I haven’t seen the die cast Bismarck in person but the trumpeter can be converted to rc.

If you want an RC model, I too agree that the Trumpeter Bismarck would be a better choice.  In fact there is a package of motors, motor shafts, props and rudders  made by a 3rd party vendor available for the Trumpeter Bismarck and other Trumpeter 1/200 scale ships.  However, what appeals to me for this version (Agora's) is both the large scale, detail and the many animated features of the ship.  I built the Trumpeter 1/200 USS Arizona previously and am now looking for a new model making experience.  Most of my RC ships remain on the shelf and don't sail often on a pond.  Having the animations, lights and sounds built into this diecast version of the ship is an exciting departure for otherwise motionless model displays.  I ordered it today and look forward to the build

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulp331 said:

If you want an RC model, I too agree that the Trumpeter Bismarck would be a better choice.  In fact there is a package of motors, motor shafts, props and rudders  made by a 3rd party vendor available for the Trumpeter Bismarck and other Trumpeter 1/200 scale ships.  However, what appeals to me for this version (Agora's) is both the large scale, detail and the many animated features of the ship.  I built the Trumpeter 1/200 USS Arizona previously and am now looking for a new model making experience.  Most of my RC ships remain on the shelf and don't sail often on a pond.  Having the animations, lights and sounds built into this diecast version of the ship is an exciting departure for otherwise motionless model displays.  I ordered it today and look forward to the build

DITTO!!!!

Exactly buy I bought the Agora/Hachette Bismarck, I too have the Trumpeter Kit with the Pontos Basic/Advanced Set with laser cut deck. What I love about the Agora set is all the electronics/lights/movement/weight.....

I will probably turn my Trumpeter Bismarck set into a Tirpitz to display along with the Agora....

ONLY things I do not like about the Agora/Hachette version of the Bismarck is the, 1: Toy like deck color and details, 2: Some of the PE (photo etch) in the kit is very thick and not to scale (Although in a moving model some of this detail does need to be tougher than scale PE), and 3: Some of the model details are either missing or in the wrong scale ( I will provide some examples in a future post). Some of these issues are fixable with after market parts and some would need custom hand made parts to fix.