RFM 1/35 full interior Jagdpanther

Snapdragon

The box is stuffed full of plastic and the only changes I am making is to change the kit barrel to Aber's offering and R-Model metal track and pin set to replace the kit tracks. I do prefer to use metal tracks as they tend to hang naturally due to their weight and so add a bit of realism.

The plastic on this kit seems a little different than my previous build, The cutaway panther and it changed from a orange/sand colour to a yellow when using Tamiya glue. I am not sure if the plastic formula is a bit different to the other panther kits 5016 and 5019. that have full interior, but it certainly shares sprues and parts.

The only thing that it missing in these three kits (5016 with clear turret and upper hull option, 5019 with cutaway hull parts option and 5022 Jagdpanther with clear roof) are the side skirts, although the mounting parts are included in the kit.

RFM have their own seperate side skirt set available that does fit the panthers and should fit the Jagdpanther. It is an etched set and includes full mounting parts.

So... this is what is in the box...

ErhNRQb.jpg

MhJDvoi.jpg

uVXwBBc.jpg

9V5mL76.jpg

fQ3iRMs.jpg

img%5D

S3JNrbh.jpg

oHdvV6N.jpg

TOzMxA2.jpg

x9AKyMy.jpg

FNSfzJL.jpg

nkuMJMU.jpg

hzVtZ9m.jpg

RyZoR5P.jpg

diOoxcB.jpg

WQ1qYJq.jpg

Mis9ugQ.jpg

OoRky3L.jpg

rz5ap8U.jpg

N6uM23b.jpg

1IqotP1.jpg

ydSObib.jpg

That is everything in the kit. Now there are lots of parts which won't be used and could be useful in your spares box.

R- Model Tracks:

KE0tXIc.jpg

Aber 88mm barrel:

uRmTIGl.jpg

I am trying to figure out how to make the interior more visable as at this moment I can only see that keeping the upper hull with main gun mounted loose and removeable is probably the best option. I won't leave the clear roof unpainted. Considering the parts that have to be added then masking is not worth it to have a few clear bits. The roof will be removeable too.

If there is to be another release of this kit then I would love to see a clear upper hull and a cutaway hull option too.

I would love RFM to do these in 1/16 too. 

Edited by Snapdragon
wrong picture link

This build in reality is quite modular with many little sub assemblies within the modular approach. It actually means that you can jump about within the full build as you wish but within reason.

The overall build in the manual is, main gun, upper hull inside and exterior, lower hull sub divided into fighting compartment, engine compartment.

So I am starting with the main gun, the famous 88mm /L71. It takes the first 7 steps in the build manual with some sub build areas.

9gm1LCX.jpg

ZHfkoQi.jpg

YgVMnjk.jpg

DusAPny.jpg

maDap5N.jpg

zmDgYtr.jpg

CL5FQ32.jpg

ayYH8R7.jpg

2GR6dK8.jpg

8ZWOPUg.jpg

m4zRyug.jpg

ecDjjqh.jpg

4ACWgoB.jpg

qmd1kZM.jpg

3iGFh0M.jpg

Right! finished! Ready to install. Just the mantlet and Aber barrel to stick on! Time to move on and tackle the upper hull which I will also pull into this section the roof and back panel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The upper hull section has taken extra time as there are sub assemblies and very small parts and I have spent time on the floor looking for some.

I am using period colours including primer colour so It will give you a good idea on how these were built and painted.

fQ9zJNf.jpg

5wx6cCU.jpg

IEa2g1g.jpg

iNNEnxV.jpg

2H3RiiX.jpg

f4MMOLY.jpg

05NX7o3.jpg

g3P3z5a.jpg

gBmS2T4.jpg

4H9OZNc.jpg