Motorcycle partworks are scarce !

ILLOGI7ECH

24 minutes ago, Franknstang said:

Love the Vincent but the Honda and Kawasaki are great. I had a couple Yamaha two strokes including a 400 Daytona Special and a 350 RD. 

I'm a bit longer in the tooth these days, but when I was younger I also had the RD350LC, and the air-cooled 400 ! 

The 400 handled like a brick and took a while to stop with the single piston solid disc front end, but it was fully ported with expansion chambers so the power delivery was pretty savage 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 2:16 PM, ILLOGI7ECH said:
That would also be something great as a partwork model...

Vincent Rapide mit Swallow Seitenwagen (1952)

45000101cv.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 12/25/2022 at 2:38 PM, ILLOGI7ECH said:

I'm a bit longer in the tooth these days, but when I was younger I also had the RD350LC, and the air-cooled 400 ! 

The 400 handled like a brick and took a while to stop with the single piston solid disc front end, but it was fully ported with expansion chambers so the power delivery was pretty savage 😁

I had an RD350LC too.  It was a beast when it hit the power band!  I do have the Tamiya kit in may display cabinet.  The only vehicle I owned that I also have as a model.

• Like 1