James Bond vehicles

nigkat

I am very new to modeling and my initial interest in getting into this was the DB5 in 1/8. Sadly it was not available. I don't think I want one that has machine guns etc... as that was not what I was after, BUT... this series of cars is exceptionally cool and will be a blast to build I am sure. Curious if this is a ground up build of the DB5 of if they started with the existing 1/8 model out there and turned Q loose on it.

• Like 2

I almost hope the DB5 doesn't show up on here.

I swore I wouldn't buy anything else from Agora until the Leopard tank mess is sorted out, but the Bond DB5 is the one model above all others (apart from perhaps the original Batmobile) that I really REALLY want to build, and I know I'll struggle to resist it.

It looks like the DB5 will be the first one they launch. Probably because it was already done to completion when it was with Eaglemoss. So all the parts are there.

What that makes me wonder: will they set it up as a monthly subscription to start, or will they also offer a full kit right out of the gate?

On 12/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, notsram said:

I almost hope the DB5 doesn't show up on here.

I swore I wouldn't buy anything else from Agora until the Leopard tank mess is sorted out, but the Bond DB5 is the one model above all others (apart from perhaps the original Batmobile) that I really REALLY want to build, and I know I'll struggle to resist it.

I'm curious if the DB5 will be revised or if it was taken over 1:1 by Egelmoss. The Eaglemoss model is now a few years old and had various problems.

Hopefully this model will not affect the launch of the 007 series. Many already have the DB5 and if Agora brings it again now, not many will be enthusiastic. Let's hope for the best for the series of 007 vehicles.

I'm sorry for putting a downer on people who like James Bond cars, I wish you all the best with these models and I know that there is a lot of interest out there for these cars, The only cars I will be building is the Tumbler and if I could get it the 1966 version of the Batmobile TV. I would like to see Alien, released here on Agora, more WW2 aircraft and ships. I enjoyed building the Leopard, so maybe more tanks and military vehicles too. And now my Leopard works perfectly.

Thanks guys ☺️

Oddly enough, even though the DB5 is one of most beautiful cars ever built, the one I'm most looking forward to is the V8 Vantage from The Living Daylights.  It's just such an odd duck of a car...it's like an Aston Martin had a One-Night-Stand with a Mach-1 Mustang.  I saw that movie when it came out (I was about 13 if you want to do that math) and even then I fell in love with the car.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
On 1/5/2023 at 2:43 PM, Flaminiasupersport said:

It would be great if the DB5 is a new model, and not that ugly thing from Eaglemoss with crude details, wrong shapes, way too thick window surrounds etc... that model was/is an absolute joke!

If Agora's model is on another level, I'll buy it.  And if the DB5 is available as a standard DB5, it would be even better!

A little birdie told me that it's most certainly NOT a re-hash of the Eaglemoss model.  A complete new model as far as I know.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I built the EM DB5 the only issues i had with it was the way you built it and the car ejector seat  now if Agora makes theirs with rotating  emblems  and things that are with a push of a remote that would be nice. I would  definately like the other  Bond cars they had aside from the  original aston martian  car 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 9:53 PM, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

A little birdie told me that it's most certainly NOT a re-hash of the Eaglemoss model.  A complete new model as far as I know.

I am looking at world of waynes build of this one . Looks like Exactly the same model with refinements . IE spoked wheels and mini guns ...So far.

I built and still have EM,s DB5 so am comparing.It is assembled exactly the same so far. 

Spark plug and ignition looks totaly different though so....????

• Administrator
On 2/4/2024 at 11:41 AM, Chris Alldridge said:

I am looking at world of waynes build of this one . Looks like Exactly the same model with refinements . IE spoked wheels and mini guns ...So far.

I built and still have EM,s DB5 so am comparing.It is assembled exactly the same so far. 

Spark plug and ignition looks totaly different though so....????

The Agora model is far more detailed and refined.  The engine is the only major assembly so far, but it's far better than the old EM version which is quite blocky.  Wayne built the Eaglemoss version a while ago, so it's easy to compare the two.  You'll soon see the difference when Agora give parts for the engine bay and front suspension.  That was hideous on the old EM version.

13 hours ago, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

The Agora model is far more detailed and refined.  The engine is the only major assembly so far, but it's far better than the old EM version which is quite blocky.  Wayne built the Eaglemoss version a while ago, so it's easy to compare the two.  You'll soon see the difference when Agora give parts for the engine bay and front suspension.  That was hideous on the old EM version.

Yep , your dead right.

Just watched suspension assembly and it is indeed more detailed.Than EM model,also engine has more pipes too.

I stand corrected.

Cheers.

• Like 1