Christmas…..

neildon

Firstly, I hope everybody has a great Xmas when it arrives.

I know Royal Mail have timed their strikes to cause disruption but they clearly are making no effort to catch up either.

According to Track&Trace Agora despatched my item to Royal Mail a week ago but the tracking hasn’t changed at all, it still says Royal Mail are waiting to receive it, they must have it but are just doing nothing with it,  I was hoping to have the next pack in time to work on during the week between Christmas and New Year but I suspect there will not be much chance of that.

I really do not see how they think they will get any sympathy from the public causing this much disruption, I just hope they don’t keep losing items, I’ve now been waiting 3 weeks for an item from a different company and they have resent the item but now both have gone missing. I hope they don’t lose any Agora items.

Thank you Agora for trying to get these packs out for Christmas. I wonder if it’s time to try a different courier as Royal Mail are so slow and ineffective.

Merry Christmas to you. My Porsche Pack subscription was paid Nov 28 and I am recieving the same Royal Mail (waiting for sender ) message as you. It should have been moved through the system before the strike started but here I am waiting. I hope you get yours soon. I don't start my builds until I have all the packs. I fortunately have assembled a few 1/8 "classic "kits and MFH 1/12 kits I can work on in the meanwhile.

Royal Mail can't catch up. The mail backlog is ridiculous and getting worse with every strike day. I was sent a birthday card last month from a friend living just under 20 miles away. It took ten days to arrive. It's my nephews birthday on the 16th. I sent his card (first class) on the first and I got a text from my brother this morning to say it had just arrived.

Far from gaining support, all they're doing is making people search for alternatives. I'll be using Moonpig for cards etc. next year and I'm already actively avoiding buying anything that is delivered by Royal Mail.

I just got notice via Royal Mail Tracking that my Pack 6 Porsche has arrived at Langley to prepare for international flight. I hope it keeps moving from there. I am surprised to read that news.

I’m very surprised an alternative courier wasn’t used, posting something via the very company on strike knowing it wouldn’t move through the system was, in my opinion, a strange thing to do. I appreciate Agora know we want our kits but putting them into a non moving system was never going to be a great solution.

I pay my subscription on 28th too and even living in the UK it’s a good fortnight before I see the item.

I am glad to hear your parcel has started to move, I hope you receive it soon, I checked mine again this morning but the message now states….

Wednesday 7th December:

The sender has advised they have despatched your item to Royal Mail. More information will be available when we've scanned it into our network. During exceptionally busy periods this may take a little longer than normal.

……so essentially, RM still haven’t even recorded receipt of it 8 days after posting

Tracking says mine has left Langley depot for the US. I can track it soon on USPS tracking. It is likely at least a week from delivery but that is good. USPS is not very swift either. 

I just had a message from Royal Mail to say it’s due to be delivered today, I hope so.

Tracking still says they don’t have it but maybe they haven’t updated the system, time will tell, it would be good if it does arrive

So the Porsche Pack has arrived but the Super Snake spare parts posted at the same time still haven’t appeared……1 out of 2 isn’t bad I suppose but it means I cannot finish the Super Snake sadly

• Like 1

Oh boy. Assembling models require all sorts of patience. I learned that building the old Pocher "classics" with plastic bodies. I still build the old kits. Nearly every piece requires fitting but in the end I get a good feeling because I faced the challenge and finished  a beautiful car. After them the metal cars are much better designed and pretty easy. Hope your parts come very soon.

On 12/16/2022 at 1:36 PM, neildon said:

Thank you

what’s the chances of your pack 6 arriving before Christmas?

It has not moved, according to USPS tracking since Dec.15.

Pack 6 Porsche 714 that was subscribed Nov. 28 arrived today on Christmas Eve. I am very happy to have it safe and sound now. It was a long anxious wait . This pack is chuck full of goodies including chassis components. Bad day to have my diverticulitis flare up however. Old age is tough on me. Have a great holiday everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, neildon said:

Firstly, I hope everybody has a great Xmas when it arrives.

I know Royal Mail have timed their strikes to cause disruption but they clearly are making no effort to catch up either.

According to Track&Trace Agora despatched my item to Royal Mail a week ago but the tracking hasn’t changed at all, it still says Royal Mail are waiting to receive it, they must have it but are just doing nothing with it,  I was hoping to have the next pack in time to work on during the week between Christmas and New Year but I suspect there will not be much chance of that.

I really do not see how they think they will get any sympathy from the public causing this much disruption, I just hope they don’t keep losing items, I’ve now been waiting 3 weeks for an item from a different company and they have resent the item but now both have gone missing. I hope they don’t lose any Agora items.

Thank you Agora for trying to get these packs out for Christmas. I wonder if it’s time to try a different courier as Royal Mail are so slow and ineffective.

they have used DPD before so no reason they can't switch till royal mail sorts itself out

I paid for my Porsche subscription(Pack7) on Dec 28 . That is two weeks today and not a word from Agora. I will be very glad when my two subscriptions are completed. These models are pricey so it makes no sense.

20 hours ago, AgoraSam said:

Hi Franknstang, we've just emailed you again to make sure you are aware Pack 7 and 8 both ship in the next week. Thank you

Pack 8……lucky you, I didn’t know that was available yet!!