Charging for replacement parts

ThomasJW

So in the past I've requested replacement packs for parts that were either missing, lost, or damaged and they have been replaced gratis. Recently I broke a part during assembly and requested a replacement pack and was informed there will be a $25 charge and if I wanted to go ahead and order the pack. I replied yes and asked if this was either a new policy or if I did something. The response was "it's a charge for a damaged item". So is this something I did and if so it's the first time I'm being charged. I'd like a bit more info on this such as confirmation it's either a new policy or it was something I did and is the 25 bucks a flat fee for all future replacement parts?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThomasJW said:

So in the past I've requested replacement packs for parts that were either missing, lost, or damaged and they have been replaced gratis. Recently I broke a part during assembly and requested a replacement pack and was informed there will be a $25 charge and if I wanted to go ahead and order the pack. I replied yes and asked if this was either a new policy or if I did something. The response was "it's a charge for a damaged item". So is this something I did and if so it's the first time I'm being charged. I'd like a bit more info on this such as confirmation it's either a new policy or it was something I did and is the 25 bucks a flat fee for all future replacement parts?

sometimes you break a part not because you were ham fisted but because the part was faulty/poorly made or just badly designed in which case how is it fair to charge for replacement surely considering how much we pay for a model replacement parts should be free especially if they're needed due to manufacturing quality

10 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

sometimes you break a part not because you were ham fisted but because the part was faulty/poorly made or just badly designed in which case how is it fair to charge for replacement surely considering how much we pay for a model replacement parts should be free especially if they're needed due to manufacturing quality

Full disclosure ... it took a determined though poorly executed effort on my part to break the part in question. I reviewed my past requests and have two instances were I lost a part and it was replaced but none where I've actually broken a part so maybe this charge is fair though it would be nice to mention a fee in the Agora Support section dealing with replacements.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Flaminiasupersport said:

Hi, I'm quite new here but I'd like to know if any part can be ordered.

I'll start the Miura in a few months and I'd like to expose it in some kind of diorama with a spare engine, wheels, etc... 

Is there a price list for instance? I guess a wheel comes cheaper than the metal body..? 

To be honest im not sure if agora do that ... if you break a part i think it's a £25 fee for a replacement if you receive a damaged part or a missing part i think they replace for free but you would have to contact customer service and ask