Hello My Alias Is Grim

GrimBuilder

And i have an addiction to building things. I formed this habbit awhile ago and i dont have the power in me or the strength to stop. Its something i fear will be with me for the remainder of my days. Usually ill be out back for hours justifying the urge. I have been able to get my hands on some of that Porsche 917 packs and whooooeeeee ill tell you what, im hooked. Now they catch me looking out the front door peeking for the delivery man to show with my next fix. Must have more till its completely in working order.

Oh yeah, back to the point. Used to do the plastic builds here and there. They were alright. But for the most part i always enjoyed building things from scratch either with some rough idea or plans i found. Or from a very specific idea that basically is complete in my head like the auto tapper i made before phones had apps to tap somewhere on the screen for you, i made a device to do basically the same thing, all you had to do was lay it down and turn it on. But you get the point. Its nice however to be building something especially thats a scale version of something thats history. Also i dont have to do the hard work of fabricating all of the parts from other parts or materials. Cant wait to work on more of the models offered here. So far im having a blast.

Hi there! Welcome to the partworks world. 

I got back into model building thanks to partworks models. I started with the now ill-fated Enterprise-D from Eaglemoss, fell down a rabbit hole by watching World of Wayne, and started with Agora because of their Titanic model. It's a great company. I have nothing but good to say about them so far. And the model is great, especially with the mods I'm actually doing on it. More of that on my channel, though.

Glad to have you here!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TheModelGamer said:

Hi there! Welcome to the partworks world. 

I got back into model building thanks to partworks models. I started with the now ill-fated Enterprise-D from Eaglemoss, fell down a rabbit hole by watching World of Wayne, and started with Agora because of their Titanic model. It's a great company. I have nothing but good to say about them so far. And the model is great, especially with the mods I'm actually doing on it. More of that on my channel, though.

Glad to have you here!

That must be a great build. May have to add it to the list of ones to do. So far for myself im pretty impressed with Agora as well. Cant say ive had any real issues at all. The quality is great and method of building the models is nice way of handling it. Ill checkout your feed though and see what your working on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

Welcome to the forum Grim.  Agora's models are beautiful kits, and I'm glad that you're enjoying building them.  I do build them out of the box, leaving the mods to those who enjoy going the extra mile.  Either way, the finished model looks superb.  The Porsche is particularly nice, as is the Shelby Cobra.

I'll look forward too hearing about your adventures in big scale modelling!