Pedal Assembly Mount Issue Anyone?

Cubicle23

Hey all, just wondering if anyone else has found this mounting to be problematic? On my chassis, the clutch side mounting hole is bored incorrectly for a KM screw. The throttle side mounting hole and the outside diameter of the bosses are fine. Will probably just fill the hole and re-drill to correct size.2040443329_pedalbox.thumb.jpg.80330fd1101cc942b628df5ce53bc56e.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cubicle23 said:

Hey all, just wondering if anyone else has found this mounting to be problematic? On my chassis, the clutch side mounting hole is bored incorrectly for a KM screw. The throttle side mounting hole and the outside diameter of the bosses are fine. Will probably just fill the hole and re-drill to correct size.2040443329_pedalbox.thumb.jpg.80330fd1101cc942b628df5ce53bc56e.jpg

Hey all, 

Regarding the pedal assembly question:

I assembled the pedal assy Sunday evening. No issues, just wish I had an extra hand or two to hold the various bits when trying to slide the pin through all of the 3 pedals. No additional filling or drilling reqd. 

Other notes from Pack 4;

Ignition Wires 

In the same pack I did find the second length of orange tubing was not included. Agora is sending replacement. First side installed well by inserting 0.6mm wire inside of the tubing (5mm shorter than required tube length) prior to securing both ends. I also used 0.3 wire to bundle each of the 2 main wire bundles on their way to the distributor. Highly recommend using tne 0.6mm (or 0.5mm) inside the tube runs. If anyone needs more information, please reach out. I will use this technique on the Ferrari 312-T4 ignition and other tubing. I wish I had used the wire on my Shelby Cobra build! 

Phil 

17 hours ago, Kobeck said:

that sounds reasonable.   Fill with what?  JB Weld???

Yep, exactly. Filled the hole, allowed to get to bread dough consistency, then "threaded" the part in place and clamped overnight with some hemostats. Worked like a charm.

20221004_112707.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2022 at 7:03 PM, PVessa said:

Hey all, 

Regarding the pedal assembly question:

I assembled the pedal assy Sunday evening. No issues, just wish I had an extra hand or two to hold the various bits when trying to slide the pin through all of the 3 pedals. No additional filling or drilling reqd. 

Other notes from Pack 4;

Ignition Wires 

In the same pack I did find the second length of orange tubing was not included. Agora is sending replacement. First side installed well by inserting 0.6mm wire inside of the tubing (5mm shorter than required tube length) prior to securing both ends. I also used 0.3 wire to bundle each of the 2 main wire bundles on their way to the distributor. Highly recommend using tne 0.6mm (or 0.5mm) inside the tube runs. If anyone needs more information, please reach out. I will use this technique on the Ferrari 312-T4 ignition and other tubing. I wish I had used the wire on my Shelby Cobra build! 

Phil 

Yeah the same technique i had to used for the radiator hosing that comes out from each side of it. As far as the spark plug wires i didnt think about using it to but i was worried with how some of them look, even cutting at the specified lengths they seem to pull to snuggly on the distributor cap that it seems willl eventually puncture through the tubing thats used.

The cobra build was fun wasnt it?