Another new model, should be announced at the end of October.

I see they’ve announced some 1/48 scale Ferraris.  I honestly have no interest in those.  

However, now that, presumably, the licenses are sorted, or at least a relationship is in place Ferrari, if any of them were to become highly detailed 1/8 scale kits, I would definitely be interested.  I already have the F40 and 250 GTO, but any others would go on my list.  

• Like 1

Given the photo clue in the Newletter E-mail this month, I definitely think it's the Corvette Stingray.

AgoraModelTease.png

On 11/17/2022 at 7:23 AM, Eagle36 said:

"water Comes first'  -a SHIP needs water and the Chevrolet Corvette  was named after a sailing ship

AND the 1963 Corvette was subtitled 'Stingray'  which also lives in water..

My guess is a 1963 'split window' Corvette coupe [at least I hope it is] in Silver, with red interior please!

On the other hand I've read that licensing fees from General Motors are exhorbant, so maybe not. 

11.jpg

I would pretty much bet the farm it's exactly how you called it ... minus the licensing issue

btw ... I cheated 🙂 

Just to add a few comments.

I am by know means an expert and please correct me if you like.

But don't forget that there only few manufactures of these models as opposed to a number of distributors, and they generally do not sell directly.

IXO seem to be an exception, and are increasing there range of large scale models.

There will be a number of costs associated with the development and production of these models.

I guess the numbers have to add up before there is a go ahead.

That's generally why the model will be of a “known” subject.

So, if correct, an early Stingray should be very popular.

Of course re-releases should be easier due to the tooling probably still being held, and some market information will be available.

I would like to see the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing re-appear, and would certainly consider that as the next model I would like to do.

If we are looking for a re-release of a previous 1/8 model what about the Russian ZIS-110 limousine (2016).

I know, pretty unlikely due to the current situation but what a beastie!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Triplevalve said:

Just to add a few comments.

I am by know means an expert and please correct me if you like.

But don't forget that there only few manufactures of these models as opposed to a number of distributors, and they generally do not sell directly.

IXO seem to be an exception, and are increasing there range of large scale models.

There will be a number of costs associated with the development and production of these models.

I guess the numbers have to add up before there is a go ahead.

That's generally why the model will be of a “known” subject.

So, if correct, an early Stingray should be very popular.

Of course re-releases should be easier due to the tooling probably still being held, and some market information will be available.

I would like to see the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing re-appear, and would certainly consider that as the next model I would like to do.

If we are looking for a re-release of a previous 1/8 model what about the Russian ZIS-110 limousine (2016).

I know, pretty unlikely due to the current situation but what a beastie!

if you look on ixo website they do the 917k and also the mercedes benz which agora have just shown a cropped pic of the front of and ixo sell the full kit 1:8 scale for 990 euros or £850 no waiting around for 12mths and i agree tripple that mercedes 300 sl gullwing would definitely be on my list

If you approach this, you would only have to ensure that the models offeredregionally in the individual countries of the world would be available to everyone worldwide.

But unfortunately there is no way to get there.

But when I see the new published image of the Mercedes W196, I hope that Agora will release this model as the second innovation.

After Hachette had this in Argentina and as written above there was no access to this model.