Won’t Initialize

Michael

On 9/3/2022 at 10:43 AM, Michael said:

Pack 12 is complete. Everything is connected to the circuit board. But nothing happens. Any ideas?

When nothing happens, do you mean no power is getting to the lifters?  Is the plane mounted?

I had a very similar problem.  See video below.

1.  Check to see if the battery is charged.  (seriously)  It takes about 5-8 hours to charge the battery pack the first time.  If you have a red light shining in your base, you got power, (after you turn the base switch on.)

2.  The circuit board is a single point of failure board.  Meaning if you have one plug out of place.  The whole shebang won't work.  I found with my Circuit board it was mismarked, and the instructions are not clear on this.  So, try to make sure all the plugs are in the right outlet.  If not, try moving Switch Limiters J-1 and put into J-2 and J-2 into J-1 one. I found that if the switch limiters are not installed properly, the circuit board wont recognize them, and nothing happens.  See below.  The speakers, IR sensor, power charger should be OK.  Make sure the battery main power line is plugged in correctly.  If you have the cable installed backwards, it may not work.  As I said, this circuit board is a single point of failure.  If it doesn't recognize the correct plug, nothing will work.  

3.  If the plane is mounted, remove it, and see if the lifters will work.   Go up and down and reset.  Then the board is OK.  Then the plane maybe the issue.  If the motor will not run, nothing on the plane will work!  Single point of failure.  That means checking the engine with the testing unit.  If it works, great, when you insert it into the plane and nothing happens, your problem is in the plane's internal mother board.  Then you got to take down the plane.  Which fortunately, is not hard.  Again make sure the electric motor is connected to the right outlet.

Make sure the slider is shimmed to make full contact with the limiter switches.  If they are not depressing the switch fully, nothing will happen. This is a real common problem.  I took a bit of plastic, and just used tape.  This helped greatly.  Do this to all lifters.  Make sure the lifter is pressing that switch flat!

Let me know if this works.  If worse comes to worse, order a circuit board replacement.  

Don't feel bad, lot off people are having issues with Pack 12.

thumbnail_IMG_7085.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7087.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7101 (2).jpg

48 minutes ago, Michael said:

I really appreciate your detailed instructions, and I have tried them all, to no avail. Hopefully, the problem will turn out to be a faulty circuit board and I have requested a replacement.

I was thinking that if you are getting no power, after the base on/off switch is in the on position, you DO NOT get the red power light by the IR sensor, you may have a bad battery.  So you might ask for one of those too.  While charging, if you got a green light that means, as you know, then the battery is fully charged.  That does not mean that it held the charge.  If you are getting no red power light, by the IR sensor, then you may have a defective battery.  Check to see if it is warm.  Try to recharge it.  If you get a red charging light, I think your battery could be the problem.  And you don't want that in your base.  Or in your house.  When you get a huge problem like that, the fix is usually a simple one.  Its just a matter of solving the puzzle like mine.  A mismarked board and unclear instructions.  You will also notice that the fix for this in the check list is to replace the circuit board AND battery.

Keep me posted.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem I have the batt6 fully charge but nothing happened. I like to ask a question . on the remote control when I press on button do I have a red light on  , on the remote control. if you say yes . I have an old battery on the remote. but when I press the remote button. on it flash the red light and goes away .  l chalked all connection . that look good . please help me to slove this issues. 

• Administrator
On 7/31/2023 at 11:27 AM, brian said:

I have the same problem I have the batt6 fully charge but nothing happened. I like to ask a question . on the remote control when I press on button do I have a red light on  , on the remote control. if you say yes . I have an old battery on the remote. but when I press the remote button. on it flash the red light and goes away .  l chalked all connection . that look good . please help me to slove this issues. 

Hi Brian,  Double check all the connections.  Particularly the motor and microswitch connections for the lifters.  Fully charge the battery for a good number of hours until the charge light turns green.  Switch on the base.  The red LED in the IR receiver should come on.  Make sure that the red light on the remote control is off.  Point the remote at the IR receiver and press the power button on the remote.  The red LED on the remote should come on and the base should start to initialise.  If it doesn't work, contact Agora Customer Services and they will advise further and see out any necessary spare parts.

I note that the power supply wire are the same   . there no small and big coneter. this on issue 85. I made change on the board . now initialise the weel came down . but then nothing happened. I pressed the remote and nothing working . I thing the wire supply wine .

can you help me on this

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 8/5/2023 at 11:18 PM, brian said:

I note that the power supply wire are the same   . there no small and big coneter. this on issue 85. I made change on the board . now initialise the weel came down . but then nothing happened. I pressed the remote and nothing working . I thing the wire supply wine .

can you help me on this

thanks

Hi Brian,

Can you have a close look at the connectors for the tail wires in stage 85.  The connectors are the same size, but the wires are slightly different.  One pair is very slightly thicker than the other.  Can you check that the thicker ones are connected together.  Then check that the connectors to the circuit board in the base unit are as per the instructions.  If it's all correct, please send a message to Agora customer services as I think you'll need a replacement circuit board in the aircraft.

Cheers

Mark