Lighting Circuit voltages

Before I go chopping things about has anyone tested the control board output voltages?

Obviously some outputs are not constant etc but the lighting should stay constant when set.

We know the supply is 4.5v but is that fully used or is there internal resistors on the lighting/destination blind circuits. (I have noted the 64ohm resistors on the saloon light strips)

Have not got a multi-meter with me at present so may have to wait until next week but would like to crack on a bit.

1 hour ago, Triplevalve said:

Before I go chopping things about has anyone tested the control board output voltages?

Obviously some outputs are not constant etc but the lighting should stay constant when set.

We know the supply is 4.5v but is that fully used or is there internal resistors on the lighting/destination blind circuits. (I have noted the 64ohm resistors on the saloon light strips)

Have not got a multi-meter with me at present so may have to wait until next week but would like to crack on a bit.

that's a good question i haven't measured mine but ive made some alterations to my lighting without any issues

35 minutes ago, Triplevalve said:

That is good to hear.

Also noticed elsewhere that there are 2 Ceiling Lights missing from the upper deck!

Part 72A only has 2 LED's that go over Part 84A.

However there should be a extra light in between those LEDs as per the front set of lights.

Looks like another thing to look into adding.

just checked mine and have no missing leds they're all present and correct

2 minutes ago, Triplevalve said:

Sorry Giddykippa maybe I should have been clearer.

There are 6 lights down each side of a Routemaster upper deck not 5 as supplied.

Count 5 windows along from the front and there is a set of seats with no light above them.

roof.jpg

omg how did i miss that i never even noticed that was missing why on earth didn't they put 2 leds in when they did on lower deck that's obviously a design cock up .... well spotted triple V

The penny did not drop with me either!!

I put the roof parts together and did not notice.

I placed the top deck on the bus and it has been sat on a table until I crack on with mods.

Something just caught my eye .... just not quite in balance .... and yep their missing!!

Going to look for extra LED's but shades may be a problem. (Buy extra issues??)

Although if I can find a suitable size may not need them.

6 minutes ago, Triplevalve said:

The penny did not drop with me either!!

I put the roof parts together and did not notice.

I placed the top deck on the bus and it has been sat on a table until I crack on with mods.

Something just caught my eye .... just not quite in balance .... and yep their missing!!

Going to look for extra LED's but shades may be a problem. (Buy extra issues??)

Although if I can find a suitable size may not need them.

hmmm i will probably just leave mine too much hassle but you may be able to get something off ebay or buy a 5mm led similar size to those pods 3mm led fits in and rub surface with some fine sandpaper to give it that slightly opaque look

2 hours ago, Triplevalve said:

Obtained some 5 mm defused warm white LED's which about match the size of the shades.

Also about the same brightness as the original lights but may need a tweak once I messed about with them.

Measured the top deck lighting and 2.7v at the plug at the end of the run for those who may be interested.

nice 🙂 could you give a link to them ebay ? or amazon ? or aliexpress ? please im actually mulling over adding them myself

Certainly.

https://store.brightcomponents.co.uk/product/10x-5mm-warm-white-diffused-led-10-pieces/

Also bought  a DPDT switch so that I can attempt to split the indicators so that they operate as intended rather than hazard lights.

Both pictures show the extra LED fitted to the roof. (Not wired in yet though)

Used a piece of 1/4" tube to represent the collar around the bulb.

Needs a bit of a tweak, connecting up and than find a dab of paint.

Hope that is of help.

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Triplevalve said:

Certainly.

https://store.brightcomponents.co.uk/product/10x-5mm-warm-white-diffused-led-10-pieces/

Also bought  a DPDT switch so that I can attempt to split the indicators so that they operate as intended rather than hazard lights.

Both pictures show the extra LED fitted to the roof. (Not wired in yet though)

Used a piece of 1/4" tube to represent the collar around the bulb.

Needs a bit of a tweak, connecting up and than find a dab of paint.

Hope that is of help.

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

looks spot on many thanks and i got an spdt on/off/on toggle for my indicators it works really well