1/16 T34/85 from Eaglemoss

10 hours ago, notsram said:

Eaglemoss are currently in administration. I'd be very careful ordering anything from them until that's sorted out.

That's if they're even taking orders at the moment, of course.

Not familiar with the term 'in administration' but it doesn't sound good. I noticed they have redone their website and it now includes the T34. Their ordering system does appear to be down. I have some 'spotty' experience with Eaglemoss, still ...  I would love me a T34/85 in my collection.

I'm not a lawyer, so someone else might well be able to explain this a bit better, but basically, Eaglemoss are insolvent, i.e. close to going bust.

Rather than declare bankruptcy and have to close the company completely, they have called in administrators to try and rescue the business.  Perhaps by finding a buyer, selling off stock or finding someone willing to invest enough money to keep them going.

The problem with this, of course, is that once people know the company is in administration, they're not very likely to place any new orders, so the cashflow situation will probably get worse rather than better. You've already spotted that their online ordering system is down. I'd guess it'll stay down until the situation is resolved.

• Thanks 1

• Administrator

In a nutshell, Eaglemoss has ceased trading.  The rights to some of the products has (as far as I can work out) been sold to another company, but I've no idea what that company will do with them.  

• Thanks 1