Help with pack 12

Ajacobi

hi, I just wanted to ask everyone here for some help. I got pack 12 and the base is working 100% fine on its own...but as soon as I plug the plane into the base the sound fails to play and all I can do is use the motors that take off, bank and land the plane. the plane just sits there doing nothing and I'm wondering what the issue might be. I already tried unplugging and replugging, even flipping the power post around and nothing. I even went as far as unplugging and replugging the power cable inside the aircraft too. if you have any ideas, please share them so I can finish this amazing model and get it to work

• Administrator

Can you check that the connections in the power post are correct.  I.e.  Pin 1 connects to pin 1 at the other end, etc.  Pins 1, 2 4 & 5 should connect to each other respectively.  Pin 3 is not used.  

Isn’t it only able to go in one way?

2 hours ago, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

Can you check that the connections in the power post are correct.  I.e.  Pin 1 connects to pin 1 at the other end, etc.  Pins 1, 2 4 & 5 should connect to each other respectively.  Pin 3 is not used.  

10 hours ago, john hunter said:

Check the connections as Mark stated, mine was incorrectly manufactured and didn't operate as it should until I replaced it.

Besides, with the notch and key design shouldn’t it be impossible for me to mess up?

On 8/20/2022 at 1:28 PM, Ajacobi said:

Besides, with the notch and key design shouldn’t it be impossible for me to mess up?

Hi!

It isn't about the the way the pins line up, one of the pins is incorrectly soldered.  I would take a picture of the connectors and send to Mark, he can tell you by comparison which one is wired correctly.  You can either order a replacement, or just take a soldering gun, melt the wrong pin' solder and reconnect to the correct pin.  About a two minute job.  

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 7:34 AM, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

Here’s what my power outlets and plugs look like, including the motherboard inside the aircraft, do you see anything wrong that would cause my issues? And how would you fix it?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the voltage is supposed to be at the power connector and which pin locations I should use to test the voltage. I'm not getting any movement from the plane and intermittent movement from the base. I'm sure that the problem in the base is a result of the failure in the plane. The system has to be able to 'talk' back and forth to complete the program. I want to be able to check the voltage from the base to the plain before I start disassembling the plane. Agora Sam, if you are reading this can you give me some direction? In the mean time I'm going to disassemble the lifting motors to give them a good greasing. Something I should have done during assembly.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

Can anyone tell me what the voltage is supposed to be at the power connector and which pin locations I should use to test the voltage. I'm not getting any movement from the plane and intermittent movement from the base. I'm sure that the problem in the base is a result of the failure in the plane. The system has to be able to 'talk' back and forth to complete the program. I want to be able to check the voltage from the base to the plain before I start disassembling the plane. Agora Sam, if you are reading this can you give me some direction? In the mean time I'm going to disassemble the lifting motors to give them a good greasing. Something I should have done during assembly.

I’m having the same issue, I just found my wire for the plug was damaged so I’m replacing it right now but I’ll keep in touch if it doesn’t fix my problem 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, Tom said:

Does your problem look like this?  If so its a circuit board problem.  The fix is easy, if this is your problem.  So don't take your plane apart just yet.  Let me know ASAP.

Chuck

IMG_7082 (2).MOVIMG_7083.MOV

• Administrator
On 8/25/2022 at 12:34 AM, Ajacobi said:

Here’s what my power outlets and plugs look like, including the motherboard inside the aircraft, do you see anything wrong that would cause my issues? And how would you fix it?

This looks OK, but I'm not at home at the moment to check the parts against mine.  I'll get back to you in a few days time.

11 hours ago, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

This looks OK, but I'm not at home at the moment to check the parts against mine.  I'll get back to you in a few days time.

So it’s ok for the power cable to be squished and have exposed metal?

• Administrator
On 8/29/2022 at 10:23 AM, Ajacobi said:

So it’s ok for the power cable to be squished and have exposed metal?

Sorry, I hadn't spotted that.  I was working on my phone and the photo is slightly out of focus.  I gather that Agora are sending a replacement.  If not, please ask customer services for one.