Electronic Modifications

I thought i would share these modifications ive made to the electronics on my bus i wasn't really happy with the function buttons in the cab apart from being tiny and fragile they're difficult to get to with fingers and also run the risk of failing if pressed too many times so i decided to use some external mini momentary push buttons i got off ebay

there is quite a bit of room underneath the stairs and as i had already decided to move the battery compartment outside the bus ( making battery changes easier also ) i used that extra room i drilled 6 x 7mm holes for 5 push buttons and a on/off/on mini toggle switch i made some little JST plug extensions wiring in the buttons and then plugging the wires from horn, brake pedal, cab light running lights and destination lights meaning when i pressed each button it connected the relevant button from the cab the toggle switch was used to make the indicators work left front and rear and right front and rear ( see my post on using 0805 SMDs to run the front indicators ) if i move the toggle left nearside indicators flash and switching right operates the right side middle position is off ive also made a small sound box but i will make a separate post for that hope that explains everything enjoy the videos i made

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, Giddykippa said:

I thought i would share these modifications ive made to the electronics on my bus i wasn't really happy with the function buttons in the cab apart from being tiny and fragile they're difficult to get to with fingers and also run the risk of failing if pressed too many times so i decided to use some external mini momentary push buttons i got off ebay

there is quite a bit of room underneath the stairs and as i had already decided to move the battery compartment outside the bus ( making battery changes easier also ) i used that extra room i drilled 6 x 7mm holes for 5 push buttons and a on/off/on mini toggle switch i made some little JST plug extensions wiring in the buttons and then plugging the wires from horn, brake pedal, cab light running lights and destination lights meaning when i pressed each button it connected the relevant button from the cab the toggle switch was used to make the indicators work left front and rear and right front and rear ( see my post on using 0805 SMDs to run the front indicators ) if i move the toggle left nearside indicators flash and switching right operates the right side middle position is off ive also made a small sound box but i will make a separate post for that hope that explains everything enjoy the videos i made

Will I have to reorder two more indicators before I start pack 9 as my cat pulled them apart or can I continue and install light later. Looks great paul

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Julian said:

Will I have to reorder two more indicators before I start pack 9 as my cat pulled them apart or can I continue and install light later. Looks great paul

arghh no that's proper annoying to be honest i didn't think mine would work but so far so good mind ive still got to fit them through panels and into the actual indicators

On 8/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, Giddykippa said:

Bloody upstairs interior mirror above the stairs snapped now poorly made this build. Tf for superglue 

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2022 at 10:28 AM, Giddykippa said:

I am very impressed with the video and your wiring skills. Great work. I wonder if someone offers micro plug sextension cords that will bring the wires out of the model to a controller? Their likely is a source.

On 8/22/2022 at 3:44 AM, Giddykippa said:

also fit the handrails to stairs before you put that curved rear wall on as you can't get to screws otherwise and that little stair led feed it behind rear seat and out near platform pole ceiling

Your meaning the rear wall of the top deck yes? Just wanna make sure for when my pack 9 arrives soon. 

3 hours ago, Franknstang said:

I am very impressed with the video and your wiring skills. Great work. I wonder if someone offers micro plug sextension cords that will bring the wires out of the model to a controller? Their likely is a source.

yes you can get pre wired jst plugs on ebay exactly like the ones used on model in 2/3/4 wire configurations right up to 10 wires i used 2 wire jst plugs to extend all my switches

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Franknstang said:

5 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

yes you can get pre wired jst plugs on ebay exactly like the ones used on model in 2/3/4 wire configurations right up to 10 wires i used 2 wire jst plugs to extend all my switches