Track issue

Diceman

Whoever dropped the ball doesn't really matter. This is marketed as being driveable. If it's going to fall apart when driven, it's clearly not fit for purpose.

I'm not sure how much R&D went into it in any case. As I've now got all the components, I've started downloading the instructions (apart from pack 12 - still no explanation on this, Agora?), and now I've started reading them, this seems like a reworking of the T72 from Deagostini/Modelspace. The second worst partwork I've ever built (the worst being the X-Wing). The T72 had no end of issues  (mostly with the electronics and the handset), but I don't remember the wheels being one of them.

I still have the thing in my loft somewhere. I'll have to dig it out sometime and see how the wheels look.

You are so right , I went on model space put T-72 tank and there it was almost the same ( different tank, but the same components) I hope Agora figures the issues out, model space didn’t according to all the posts.  Looks like a control problem with connecting to Wi-Fi . Notsram confirm this please.

I should preface this by saying that there's no reason to suspect the Agora model will have any of the following issues...

It was a few years ago, so I don't remember all the details, but the two main issues I had with the T72 were with the electronics and the handset. Try though I might (and I had three or four replacement circuit boards), I couldn't get the thing to work properly. It was something like the gun elevation controls being reversed and the fire button only operated the machine gun sounds.

I also had at least three handsets. They'd clearly bought a job lot as they all had identical issues - the on/off switch was very very stiff and would quickly jam. You'd need a screwdriver to move it. Then there was the smoke generator. Insanely loud. It completely drowned out the onboard sound effects. Speaking of the sound effects, the volume was supposed to be adjustable but it wasn't.

Finally, there was pairing the thing when powering it up. Some combination of flashing lights. It would take at least half a dozen attempts to pair, which involved switching the handet on and off again. Which was a pain as mentioned above.

I did buy the Wifi/camera add-on, but never got around to trying to install it. I gave up on the model after all the above issues. I do seem to remember complaints on the forum that that didn't work properly either 😛

Hey Clint, Agora doesn't really R&D anything as far as I can tell - they just import and sell kits that are available overseas. This tank, though is a mystery - I can't find it anywhere. There are other R/C models that are close, but this one is unique in the FPV camera (main selling point for me.)

The tub and suspension arms REALLYL should have been metal - especially at this price point. The tracks should have been pre built as well.

Anyhow pack 12 is pretty easy to figure out how to built for the most part.

• Like 1

I'd assume the reason for the tub/suspension arms being plastic are that this model seems broadly based on the Modelspace T72 and they were plastic on that model. In fact, IIRC, just about the only metal item on the T72 was the tracks, and, I think, the main motor wheels. And the tracks weren't pre-built on the T72 either.

I had a LOT (see above) of issues with the T72, but I don't recall any problems with the plastic construction of the tub and suspension arms.

1 hour ago, Apathic said:

Hey Clint, Agora doesn't really R&D anything as far as I can tell - they just import and sell kits that are available overseas. This tank, though is a mystery - I can't find it anywhere. There are other R/C models that are close, but this one is unique in the FPV camera (main selling point for me.)

The tub and suspension arms REALLYL should have been metal - especially at this price point. The tracks should have been pre built as well.

Anyhow pack 12 is pretty easy to figure out how to built for the most part.

Well it is obvious they didn't R&D this.. the obvious thing is to check something out before you push it on your customers. Unless of course you intentionally want to sell a crap product which I don't think Agora was trying to do, nonetheless so disappointed , I was against buying an RC product anyway I would have rather built a static tank kit.. but the advertisement made it look very interesting and I was taken. that being said it still will look pretty good on the Shelf... I hope Agoura makes this right for all their disappointed tank building customers... Build on my Brother...👍😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notsram said:

I'd assume the reason for the tub/suspension arms being plastic are that this model seems broadly based on the Modelspace T72 and they were plastic on that model. In fact, IIRC, just about the only metal item on the T72 was the tracks, and, I think, the main motor wheels. And the tracks weren't pre-built on the T72 either.

I had a LOT (see above) of issues with the T72, but I don't recall any problems with the plastic construction of the tub and suspension arms.

Holy crap you are right - that is what they are importing (brand wise!) Thanks so much, I thought I had looked everywhere for the source of the kit!

Yes I thought this reminded me of something, the T72!

How disappointing this is because Modelspace conned me up to issue 10 of that model, and then they got taken over, I never received, 11 & 12, and I never even got my money back, I still have the T72, not fully built and you are so right it is so similar.

I hope Agora are not going to do this to me, because that will be it.😡🤬😡

Hi Phil, you have already received Packs 11 and 12. We do not have a question from you at Customer Service but please write to us if you need something from us. The instructions for Pack 12 are being uploaded today. Thanks for your patience.

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Yes I thought this reminded me of something, the T72!

How disappointing this is because Modelspace conned me up to issue 10 of that model, and then they got taken over, I never received, 11 & 12, and I never even got my money back, I still have the T72, not fully built and you are so right it is so similar.

I hope Agora are not going to do this to me, because that will be it.😡🤬😡

I think you misunderstood Agora Sam, yes I have already received 11 & 12, I was talking about the similarities between this kit and T72, and the fact I was conned out of a lot of money, because I could not finish T72, because of Modelspaces demise. 

Thank you.

Dug the awfulness that is the T72 out of my loft today to take a look at the wheel/track gap. My memory was right, for once. There's virtually no gap, certainly not enough of one to cause an issue.

A few pics attached for anyone interested... As you can see, the wheels and tracks fit together quite nicely.

20220826_193146.jpg

20220826_193211.jpg

20220826_193238.jpg

20220826_193302.jpg

Just a heads-up.  If you go for the after-market rollers, you'll want to use a good self-etching primer on the aluminum to ensure good adhesion for the paint.  I'm using Rust-oleum as my base coat (after disassembly) and Tamiya TS-61 for my NATO green coat.  Pics to come in a few days.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...