Track issue

Diceman

Another issue I have identified is the gap between the track horns and return rollers as shown in the attached picture. 

The return rollers need a smaller spacer for the track horns to pass through. If not they will eventually cut the rollers off 🤦‍♂️

A03084CE-E5BD-41A9-8EEA-F8A43A867C70.thumb.jpeg.adc06b93e40ece65cc9325d790b5a79a.jpeg

7 hours ago, Diceman said:

Kingkong-rc

Whoa - they have some nice stuff! And you are right, pretty pricey.

I think the Agora model we are building is more of a display unit than something meant for actual R/C fun. Some of the other kits out there are less expensive, some can actually fire pellets yet none have the FPV that this model advertises.

I’m not sure but what if you put a metal spacer between the roller wheels this will narrow the space.  Not sure if this will help I have not put the tracks on yet

Hi Joep, it’s finding the correct size spacer and it might not work?

To clarify, it’s the depth of the gap, not the width. The track horns are just that little too long and will eat into the screws  that hold the rollers on when running through.

Pass a spare track link through the roller and you will find out what going on.

Good luck buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

No comment from Agora so I guess they have no plans to resolve this issue 🤯

If anyone wants my plastic return rollers they are welcome to them? You will need a spare set in time when running it, trust me!

I went ahead and purchased a metal set from KK and they are solid and look amazing 🤩 

61187795-CB72-4959-A4D3-010B8A7A535A.jpeg

70408C22-3F33-4E00-A56F-DA20352D6C74.jpeg

816810DF-D2D1-4BEA-B1DD-5C7335CB35B4.jpeg

Maybe AgoraSam can help with which colour to use or maybe not?

I know there pricey little items but the detail is fantastic.

You will need to file a tiny amount off each edge to allow fit into the recess and use flanged nuts 591789EE-5008-4AFA-9D9F-531F4AC6CCD9.jpeg.4cfdc4d9ac25faa37d1e907d175605cb.jpegand not the castle nuts supplied.

👍

@Diceman I have no idea. I also am kind of clueless as to how the top of the tank attaches to the bottom.

Tracks are killing me. I was able to figure out how to get some of it connected, even so far as to get the tank charged and see the taillights dimly light up when turned on 😕

I just finished replacing the road wheel suspension springs, deleting 2 of the track links and installing the tracks. They fit nicely with 79 links but I am very concerned about this suspension and drive system. I don't think they are going to last long and the way they are built, they will do a lot of damage if they break. There should be a lot more metal in the suspension. I am not an engineer and this is just my humble opinion. I have been building models for around 63 years and I worry about this one. Agora team.....I think you should reengineer this model using more metal parts. 

Always mount the completed tracks when the lower hull is on its side (it just makes life easier) and the idler wheel is in its back position. Place the loop of tracks over the wheels and engage their horns into the wheel gaps. You can depress the rear wheels to allow slack of the track and get the drive sprocket into place then on to the shaft of the gearbox and turn until it finds the flat and drops into position. Now adjust the idler wheel screw to acceptable tension.

Once one side is done flip it over and repeat. You will find this side easier as you master the skill of putting on, taking off tank tracks. 

Good luck 🤞 

• Like 1

@Diceman Got it. I now have a working, RC chassis (Jesus Christ, they even make the batteries hard to get in!)

Putting it together, and I have an error. P wire inside the turret has come lose at the soldered ends. Now I get to take that thing apart and figure out/fix that.

The controller is easy enough to figure out without instructions. Also, those upper track roller end pieces came flying off as soon as I pushed forward, so you all keep an eye on those.

It's three weeks since this thread was posted. Surely, someone from Agora would have the courtesy to answer it by now?

This is a 'museum quality' model priced at well over £1,000, not a £10 toy from Argos. If it's going to break when we start using it, I think we deserve to be told. And we definitely shouldn't have to fork out for expensive aftermarket parts just to get the thing to work.

I'm quite glad I haven't started this build yet. I'll be watching this thread very carefullly and if it does turn out to be a serious issue, I'll have to give serious consideration to returning the kit for a refund.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, notsram said:

It's three weeks since this thread was posted. Surely, someone from Agora would have the courtesy to answer it by now?

This is a 'museum quality' model priced at well over £1,000, not a £10 toy from Argos. If it's going to break when we start using it, I think we deserve to be told. And we definitely shouldn't have to fork out for exepensive aftermarket parts just to get the thing to work.

I'm quite glad I haven't started this build yet. I'll be watching this thread very carefullly and if it does turn out to be a serious issue, I'll have to give serious consideration to returning the kit for a refund.

Clarity and transparency doesn't seem to be their thing ,if you want a quick response just use a wee bit of foul language... this may just get me kicked off..😜 also Agora Sam please don't send me an email asking for us to State our issues via e mail, because I have  and all the answers are generic and tell me nothing about the ongoing issues with this kit.. this is a FORUM people just want answers.. I will say you guys have been fabulous with replacing and sending missing parts other than that it's been a frustrating build, a little truth and honesty would go a long way ,still thinking about buying another kit from you folks but it definitely will be static this time...😁... by the way I thought I'd try one more time, how come we don't have instructions for Pac-12 let's see if we get an honest answer...

• Like 2

Lack of clarity really isn't a good idea. Keep people informed and they'll be a lot more forgiving if there is a problem. And if there is a problem, ignoring it won't make it go away.

The delay to the instructions for pack 12 is a complete mystery. It's not as though Agora have gone to the expense of printing the instructions, so even if there were last minute edits, they should be available by now.

As Agora can't/won't clarify, we can only speculate. My guess would be they've identified a major problem somewhere (possibly the track issue that you spotted) and are trying to find a way of rectifyting this as cheaply as possible. Once again, some communication would be good, Agora...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, notsram said:

Lack of clarity really isn't a good idea. Keep people informed and they'll be a lot more forgiving if there is a problem. And if there is a problem, ignoring it won't make it go away.

The delay to the instructions for pack 12 is a complete mystery. It's not as though Agora have gone to the expense of printing the instructions, so even if there were last minute edits, they should be available by now.

As Agora can't/won't clarify, we can only speculate. My guess would be they've identified a major problem somewhere (possibly the track issue that you spotted) and are trying to find a way of rectifyting this as cheaply as possible. Once again, some communication would be good, Agora...

Obviously their research and development department drop the ball on this one ,I'm hoping that this was just an isolated incident with this kit as I am looking forward to trying something different .. for $1,300 + I'm expecting upgrades comped to me haha, wishful thinking anyway.. for the price I believe we all thought we were going to get a much better quality kit.. it looks like we have been bamboozled.. that is why I'm going to stick to building static kits.,Just another lesson learned in life.. hopefully this post won't be deleted before anybody reads it😜

• Like 1