ac Cobra 427 how far have you detailed the model?

Mr_Coke

hello, I am passionate about this model but I do not know your brand of modelism.
I would have liked to know how far you have been at the level of details?

Could you share photos of the chassi, the suspension system, shock absorber etc ...

For such an investment on our part, I do not expect to exaggerate by this request. Unless all the details offered are visible in the photos made available.

Pending your response to make my purchase. cordially

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, Mr_Coke said:

hello, I am passionate about this model but I do not know your brand of modelism.
I would have liked to know how far you have been at the level of details?

Could you share photos of the chassi, the suspension system, shock absorber etc ...

For such an investment on our part, I do not expect to exaggerate by this request. Unless all the details offered are visible in the photos made available.

Pending your response to make my purchase. cordially

Hi Mr_Coke,

We shall  definitely post some images of the detail within the cobra in a few weeks. The cobra prototype is currently held out of office. As soon as we get it back, we shall take some more photos.

• Thanks 1

Hello PeteJcouper and General Lou.
Thank you for your answers.
I would really like to know if the chassi will be present or only a plate below the car.
Will there be the suspension system as originally or simply a shock absorber on a straight axis to simulate the damping ..
this kind of detail, which for this price seems to me to be a minimum.
But I'm waiting to see the photos of the prototype to make my choice.
Thanks to both of you anyway.

See you soon.

• 1 month later...

I like also to see more pictures of the Cobra, the chasis, the trunk etc.....

the pictures are little bit scarce on detail.

The most of us people like to see what there buying, and it's not a sheap

model.

Please give us more pictures of the Cobra !!!!!!

Kind regards,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2020 at 12:10 AM, Mr_Coke said:

Hello PeteJcouper and General Lou.
Thank you for your answers.
I would really like to know if the chassi will be present or only a plate below the car.
Will there be the suspension system as originally or simply a shock absorber on a straight axis to simulate the damping ..
this kind of detail, which for this price seems to me to be a minimum.
But I'm waiting to see the photos of the prototype to make my choice.
Thanks to both of you anyway.

See you soon.

World of Wayne did a Showcase video of the  cobra a few days ago here is the link to that video so you can see the prototype.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mr More Draka,

i think all the parts are plastic except the body. Which makes a very expensive car for plastic. I think I will go to Model Factory Hiro where the models are smaller but in Aluminum and very well detailed. Thank you again for this sharing. cordially

Just now, Mr_Coke said:

Thanks Mr More Draka,

i think all the parts are plastic except the body. Which makes a very expensive car for plastic. I think I will go to Model Factory Hiro where the models are smaller but in Aluminum and very well detailed. Thank you again for this sharing. cordially

the prototype is all plastic but the general release will i expect have lots of metal including the chassis..

• Thanks 1

The cobra in the video is plastic. This is how we 3d print the prototypes. The car that you will be getting will be metal. The picture i posted of part of the Cobra engine is made using a lot of metal. That bit ways 400 grams. 

Today I am building the chassis frame which comes in pack 3 and this is all zinc.

It is hard to know quite yet but the final weight of the whole car will be at least 7 kg (15 lbs)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

most if not all the interior cockpit will probably be plastic. Most car models are like this. I would expect the chassis, suspension, body work, wheels, engine to mostly be metal. The suspension may not be accurate bit I would expect it to be working suspension on a model of this value. I would expect the exposed exhausts to be chrome plated metal too but don't count on it

Hello Collector_Felix,

I fully agree with you that many parts should be metal or aluminum at this price point. Not to say all.

But we are starting with a plastic motor as far as I can understand. Although the frame is made of steel.

I will wait for other information and / or photos before deciding on my choice of Agora 1/8 or FMH 1/12.

Being Agora Pro, what do you think of the previous models in terms of quality and detail ?.

Thanks for your feedback

I'm building the Super Snake for which the engine has still to arrive, so the jurys out on that one, as they say. However my Ecto-1 has a superb, mainly metal engine with well-hidden screwheads and excellent detail. 

Hello Kitman,

Thank you for these details on your ECTO 1. But here you are selling me the dream but I believe that the cobra will be made of plastic.
But now that you say it, I'm going to buy the ECTO1 to put its engine in the cobra ..mdr

Hope to see you, schuss !!

2 hours ago, Mr_Coke said:

Hello Kitman,

Thank you for these details on your ECTO 1. But here you are selling me the dream but I believe that the cobra will be made of plastic.
But now that you say it, I'm going to buy the ECTO1 to put its engine in the cobra ..mdr

Hope to see you, schuss !!

mr coke i cant guarantee it but i think the engine will have quite a few metal parts,not long to wait before  i find out...

• Administrator
On 9/1/2020 at 11:48 AM, Mr_Coke said:

I think I will go to Model Factory Hiro where the models are smaller but in Aluminum and very well detailed. Thank you again for this sharing. cordially

The Model Factory Hiro models are a completely different beast.  They are 1/12 as opposed to 1/8.  They are predominantly white metal with a resin body.  They are very very detailed kits.  However, they are not pre-finished, and they need a lot of skill and modelling experience to produce a good model.  They are not easy builds by any stretch of the imagination, whereas the Agora models are pre-finished and mainly screw together.  An Agora model will take you, guessing 50 hours to complete.  You could easily spend 500 hours making an MFH kit.

Here's my build diary of an MHF Brough Superior, 1/9 bike kit, which will give you an idea of what's involved.  The bikes are easier than the cars!

http://www.partworkmodels.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7312&hilit=brough

On 9/8/2020 at 7:30 PM, Kitman said:

I'm building the Super Snake for which the engine has still to arrive, so the jurys out on that one, as they say. However my Ecto-1 has a superb, mainly metal engine with well-hidden screwheads and excellent detail. 

You can make parts from metal wich are crap and plastic part wich are looking great.

As long as i dont get a weak plastic suspension like the Mustangs one, i dont really care.

Quality is what counts.

• Like 1

Hello Mark and Cobra,

Many thanks for sharing your amazing MFH motorcycle build. The rendering is spectacular, I love it.
I am ok with you on several points.
The model is smaller but there are a lot of details. This is what I'm looking for above all. So I would rather have a smaller model with good detail than a large one with less detail.
It may take 10 times more time to assemble it than the agora model. No matter the weather, this is my dream car and I don't expect to have 100 models in my house.
I still have exoto to check, I'll buy a used one to see the level of detail I think.
It is true that a 1/8 Vs 1/12 model would be great but the whole is really not given. And Cobra's comment on the Mustang doesn't reassure me.
@Cobra: On the Mustang is the suspension system correctly represented or is it just the damping function present?

Thanks to you guys and looking forward to reading you.

Schuss

On 9/22/2020 at 7:23 PM, Mr_Coke said:

@Cobra: On the Mustang is the suspension system correctly represented or is it just the damping function present?

Thanks to you guys and looking forward to reading you.

Schuss

It seems to be correct but it looks cheap and its very weak on the front axle. 
Its not the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

I thought the same and took a look at the almost identical Deag build-up and it looks like theres a spring on the inside of each front wing which completes the forward suspension.