Jump to content

Base for Routemaster


Julian
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Giddykippa said:

looks flippin awesome you done a brilliant very job tempted to copy can you post a link to paving stones kerbs etc please

Hi mate thanks. its amazing what you can do with a bit of old MDF and a bit of paint. I'm very happy with it. Here is tbe link for the slabs. 

https://www.romneymin.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

Give it a go the whole proonky set me back about £20. And it will really finish of the bus . I found using pva glue best for the slabs as its easier to work with

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Julian said:

Hi mate thanks. its amazing what you can do with a bit of old MDF and a bit of paint. I'm very happy with it. Here is tbe link for the slabs. 

https://www.romneymin.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

Give it a go the whole proonky set me back about £20. And it will really finish of the bus . I found using pva glue best for the slabs as its easier to work with

cheers bud and you're selling yourself short it's definitely not proonky i think you have done a brilliant job looks very "prototypical" as modellers would say

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Julian said:

Hi mate thanks. its amazing what you can do with a bit of old MDF and a bit of paint. I'm very happy with it. Here is tbe link for the slabs. 

https://www.romneymin.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

Give it a go the whole proonky set me back about £20. And it will really finish of the bus . I found using pva glue best for the slabs as its easier to work with

how many slabs did you buy and was it these ones https://www.romneymin.co.uk/grey-random-paving---dolls-house-37-p.asp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Giddykippa said:

how many slabs did you buy and was it these ones https://www.romneymin.co.uk/grey-random-paving---dolls-house-37-p.asp

I bought the standard street pavements them was are more for driveways. Here is the link I bought 2 bags and a bag of grout but decided not to use the grout. Two bags ate enough depending on your size of base you also have a few broken was as they are fragile but once glued down with pva there stack for good

https://www.romneymin.co.uk/standard-grey-paving---dolls-house-250-p.asp

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

😄 pmsl i just assumed that proonky was a colloquial term for kit and caboodal or something along those lines lol never thought about predictive text didn't realize you could access forum through smart phone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Giddykippa said:

😄 pmsl i just assumed that proonky was a colloquial term for kit and caboodal or something along those lines lol never thought about predictive text didn't realize you could access forum through smart phone

 😂 🤣 I just grouted the slabs but I don't know whats better lol 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

definitely better with the grout makes the paving stones look more defined i think

you should've done a youtube tutorial would've been really interesting to watch

20220424_212537.thumb.jpg.959b293ae477c8d0620518d34311e693.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Julian said:

20220424_212537.thumb.jpg.959b293ae477c8d0620518d34311e693.jpg

 Cheers mate thanks I will keep it like that my wife said it was good too The reason why I took on this Project is because I keep modifying my bus and I don't wanna mess it up I get too impatient For the next issues to come There is no way I could have done this with hatchet It takes too long lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Julian said:

 Cheers mate thanks I will keep it like that my wife said it was good too The reason why I took on this Project is because I keep modifying my bus and I don't wanna mess it up I get too impatient For the next issues to come There is no way I could have done this with hatchet It takes too long lol

definitely know what you mean it feels like an age since pack 6 lol only about another 12 days to pack 7 i just want to get bonnet fixed saloon floor down and rear platform on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

definitely know what you mean it feels like an age since pack 6 lol only about another 12 days to pack 7 i just want to get bonnet fixed saloon floor down and rear platform on

I've already put them on I will have to un doi it when I assemble the bonnet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Julian said:

I've already put them on I will have to un doi it when I assemble the bonnet. 

i did consider doing that but that bonnet hinge assembly does look fiddly and i didn't want to risk not being able to get at it properly or breaking something whilst trying to get it on so just decided to wait till pack 7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...