Something Missing

Giddykippa

so ive just been giving my chassis the once over (bored and impatient waiting for pack 7 still 3 weeks to go arrgh )

and i noticed that the rear handbrake linkages stop short of connecting to the actual cab ? see pics its not been mentioned since pack 3 and just ends with that last linkage near the exhaust where C1 & C2 cables link now as far as im aware pack 7 starts with fitting bonnet and saloon floor to chassis so what happens with that handbrake linkage ? i mean there's a little spur for one of those flexible black rubber tubes to be connected to that should make it's way up and under the cab floor to give the illusion that the linkage is connected ? or have a missed a stage ? ive gone through the build manual and can't find any more mention of it but please correct me if im wrong !

or am i getting ahead of myself and it will be sorted in pack 7 ???

pack 3.JPG

pack 4a.JPG

pack 5a.JPG

pack 5b.JPG

5c.JPG

I have also noticed this, and I was thinking of make a linkage out of scrape brass rod ending somewhere under the cab.

• Like 1

This is what I have done to fill the gap, using some brass rod.  Also, I made a new steering arm using some 5mm plastic rod,  It's 10mm shorter than the original metal one, and I have filed the ends to match the original.  Now you can obtain full left & right lock.

1910776010_Handbrake01.thumb.jpg.2de1a8ebc780b56b041a886eedf95e42.jpg

Handbrake 02.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taffy said:

This is what I have done to fill the gap, using some brass rod.  Also, I made a new steering arm using some 5mm plastic rod,  It's 10mm shorter than the original metal one, and I have filed the ends to match the original.  Now you can obtain full left & right lock.

1910776010_Handbrake01.thumb.jpg.2de1a8ebc780b56b041a886eedf95e42.jpg

Handbrake 02.jpg

just ordered some 5mm brass rod and found some old copper cable hope you don't mind but im going to copy you as i think especially the steering rod is genius

• 6 months later...